"Vive l'Empereur!": another D+3 Succession

How's this for tease:

Attachments

• tease.jpg
    tease.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 225
She might be active on another forum -- I recall a post of hers about democracy games at other sites.

Andu Indorin said:
Well, if that's everyone, a random playing order based on the third letter would yield.

Andu Indorin
Old'n'Slow
Stegyre
Viking
Golem
Tim the Enchanter
Kev
Jayne

From a post long ago...I figure that Andu might follow Jayne.

1816(end): The Emperor was not amused; the allies of France were proving most uncooperative. The Mongols were thwarting efforts to reinforce the Armee d'Africa. The Egyptians were amassing a Nuclear arsenal. ...

Gold, Oxford to Lisht, 954g; Oil, Bayonne to El-Amarna, 1382; Silk, Canterbury-Elephantine, 1488g. Tackle pollution problems: Rush build nine Mass Transits; adjust workers to reduce production -- some hunger. Increase Engineer production but continue armaments build-up.

Egyptians nearly complete Apollo Program. Mongols develop Communism, steal Space Flight from Cumae (no option to end alliance). Zulus steal Space Flight from Amitikula. Zulu Armor defeats French Armor at Ngome.

1818: Superconducter, 67,000,000. Recons of Egyptian cities building Apollo: Alexandria and Byblos nowhere near completion; imminent completion must be in distant Pithom.

The Emperor determined to resort to drastic measures …

Mysterious blast in Veii. :lol: Emissary to Mongols: Adv. Flight demanded and refused; Alliance dissolved. Mongol units relocated to their nearest cities. Another mysterious blast in Veii! :lol: :lol: :lol: (14 Armor, 4 Marines, 4 Cannon, 1 Rifle, 1 Diplomat destroyed). French units move into defensive positions in front of Cumae, Rome.

Mysterious blast in El-Amarna. :lol: Emissary to Egyptians: Superconductor demanded and refused; Alliance dissolved. Two transports of Engineers plus third of Howitzers to Roquefort; serious fortification in front of Roquefort and Marseilles. French freight blockade railroads out of Abydos and Avaris.

Uranium Dance: to Gaulish Village, Rouen: 2776g. Carcassonne Oil to
Elephantine, 1652g; Dijon Oil to Abydos, 1074g; Amien Dye to Memphis, 524g. York Gold to Zimbabwe, 1476g; Carcassonne Gold to Zimbabwe, 2690g.

Three transports to Steygyre Town: 5 Engineers, 3 Freight, 1 Spy, 9 Howitzers, 3 Mech.Inf. and 3 Armor. Operations limited to securing position: key fortifications seized, partisans destroyed, and Swazi and Umfolzi garrisons eliminated. Zulu losses: 4 Alp. Inf, 4 Rifles, 7 Partisans, 2 Fanatics, 2 Marines, 3 Armor, 1 Artillery.

Switch in Armaments production from emphasizing Howitzers to Mech. Inf. and Fighters.

StrAviBorBesSDI thwarts Nuclear Attack! :lol: :lol: :lol: Egyptian Cruise Missile fails against Aegis cruiser. Egyptian Emissary request Peace Treaty. Emperor refuses, but Senate inks permanent Peace Treaty (!!!).

Sneak Attack by Mongol Armor destroys Mech.Inf. in front of Cumae. Two Mech.Inf. fortified in mountains in front of Rome defeat Mongol attacks by six Armor, one Cannon. Mongol Fighter destroys Engineer.

1820: Stealth. Two transports to Steygure Town: 11 Freight, 3 Engineers, 2 Mech.Inf. Recons show Zulus are building the SS in earnest. 4 Gold/Spice Freight to Zimbabwe, 7126g; 7 other Freight to 6 Zulu cities, 10,512g. Ulundi and Naples assaulted and captured (1080g); all but one Partisan destroyed. Garrisons reduced in Bapedi, Swazi, and Umfolzi. Total Zulu losses: 3 Alp. Inf., 11 Rifles, 13 Partisans, 1 Fanatic, 1 Marine.

Egyptian Blitz, part I: Demand Withdrawel and War! Howitzers, Armor, and Stealth clear garrisons from Pi-Ramasses, Heliopolis, Giza, Alexandria, and Elephantine. No cities taken for reasons of trade. Blocking position established on railroad at Hieraconopolis junction. Total Egyptian losses: 18 Alp. Inf., 18 Rifles, 1 Marine, 1 Armor, 1 Spy, 1 Engineer, 5 Cruises Missiles, and THREE Nuclear Missiles.

Mongol Front: advancing from Cumae, Veii and Pompeii are captured (592g). Fortifications in front of Pompeii are seized. For lack of Mech.Inf, advances are limited. Two Armor sabotaged; Khanbalyk and Antium reconnoitered for Fighters. Engineers commence cleanup at Veii. Total Mongol Losses: 6 Alp.Inf., 2 Rifles, 7 Partisans, 2 Fanatics, 4 Marines, 10 Armor, 2 Cannon, 2 Diplomats, 2 Engineers.

Egyptians develop Combined Arms. Egyptian Cruise Missile attack thwarted; no other Egyptian attacks. Mongols complete five Structurals. Mongol espionage attempt foiled at Pompeii; Alp.Inf attack defeated north of Pompeii. Two Mongol emissaries turned away. Trapped Mongol navy in lake attack Pompeii; three Ironclads, one Galleon defeated. No counterattack by Zulus.

1822: Enviromentalism. Mongol Front: Stealth Fighter destroys Mongol Armor, Fanatic, Engineer, and Settler; but on first contact, Mongol Emissary secures Peace Treaty with Senate!!! Nonetheless, Mech.Inf. and Armor seize critical fortifications in mountains between Tabriz and Kashgar.

Egyptian Front: Stealth Fighters destroy new Egyptian garrisons; and reduce Hieraconopolis garrison. Three Uranium to Giza, 7131g; other Freight to Egyptian cities, 9241g. Pi-Ramasses, Thebes, Memphis, El-Amarna, Alexandria, Giza, and Hieraconopolis are all quarentined and captured (469g, plus Pyramids, A.Smith, and Shakespeare). Egyptian Improvements, plus Granaries elsewhere sold for 1620g. Upon resumption of Howitzer attack at Byblos, Egyptian Emissary secures Peace Treaty with the Senate!!!

Zulu Front: Six Freight delivered for 6892g. Bapedi, Holbane, Swazi, and
Umfolzi assaulted and captured (1818g); all but one partisan destroyed, though one Stealth Fighter lost. Total Zulu losses: 11 Alp.Inf, 6 Rifles, 18
Partisans, 5 Fanatics, 1 Armor, 1 Diplomat.

Mongols complete nine more Structurals. Insurrection near Intombe!

1824: Fusion Power. Egyptian Blitz, part II: Emissary to Egyptians: Demand Withdrawel and War! Nuclear Missile strikes Pithom. Battleships strike Asyut; Howitzers and Stealth Fighters assault Byblos Avaris, Buto, Abydos, and Lisht. All cities are captured (430g). Egyptian Civilization buried in the sands.

Emissary to Mongols: Withdrawel and War! ...

Notes: With 32 Howies and 9 Stealth at the ready, it's been tough resisting the temptation to open up the proverbial "can" on the Mongols; but one civilization knocked out is fair enough. Hence, my 1824 move has been limited to Egypt (inc. one shipment of units from Egypt to Intombe area), plus a partial reconnaissance of the Mongol positions.

I've pretty much switched production in France and England to domestic production; and I've just finished cleaning all extent pollution.

The sleeping Engineers near Virconium and Ngome are all "double-charged" to facilitate Railroad building while minimizing losses to Fighters and/or Partisans. I also built a few Alp. Inf. to aid in the seizure of strategic Mongol fortifations I suspect that the Mongols have been disbanding units to build their Structurals, since their treasury does not seem to be suffering from a commensurate depletion. I suppose some caution is warranted with respect to Mongol diplomats ...

Ah yes, still have one Nuke in Marseilles ...

Nicely done! :goodjob:

I'm going to have to re-read about the trade activity -- funding looks to be that good.

But it also looks like time is key on another front...(and speed is not my strongest suit.) :eek:

btw, nice write up, Tim.

TimTheEnchanter said:
Standard Uranium Dance:
Maximize trade in Warwick
Warwick Uranium to Gaulish Village (d-1552g)
Hastings Uranium to Peugeot (D-971g)
Peugeot trade minimized by pulling all workers off land
Avignon dye to Hastings (nd-228g) Uranium supply restored
Put Peugeot workers back to normal
Gaulish Village trade minimized by pulling all workers off land
St. Emilion hides to Warwick (nd-360g) Uranium supply restored
Put GV workers back to normal

An interesting procedure, this. Worked the first time I tried it though with Roeun instead of Peugeot; worked partly the second time, when I dumped three U's to Giza ... only one of two were restored, so I guess routes must go to different cities.

Does raise an interesting point regarding Samson's work regarding what determines Supply and Demand. Whereas Samson says that City Size influences the Supply and Demand Quotients, it may be more correct to say that "City Workers" (i.e., # of citizens actually working squares in a city's radius) is the deterimant.

I've also noticed elsewhere that by pulling workers off specific squares in the city receiving a caravan/freight will influence whether or not the demanded commodity will by remain, be "blocked", or switch to a new commodity. This suggests that for the Demand Quotient, terrain type may be calculated not by all 21 squares in a city radius, but calculated again by those squares actually being worked at the time that the trade route is established.

Old n Slow said:
But it also looks like time is key on another front...(and speed is not my strongest suit.)

I assume you're referring to the Mongol's progress toward the space ship. I don't foresee them successfully completing research on the Super Conductor; hence the my caution regarding Mongol diplomats.

Andu Indorin said:
btw, nice write up, Tim.

An interesting procedure, this. Worked the first time I tried it though with Roeun instead of Peugeot; worked partly the second time, when I dumped three U's to Giza ... only one of two were restored, so I guess routes must go to different cities.

Does raise an interesting point regarding Samson's work regarding what determines Supply and Demand. Whereas Samson says that City Size influences the Supply and Demand Quotients, it may be more correct to say that "City Workers" (i.e., # of citizens actually working squares in a city's radius) is the deterimant.

I've also noticed elsewhere that by pulling workers off specific squares in the city receiving a caravan/freight will influence whether or not the demanded commodity will by remain, be "blocked", or switch to a new commodity. This suggests that for the Demand Quotient, terrain type may be calculated not by all 21 squares in a city radius, but calculated again by those squares actually being worked at the time that the trade route is established.
I'm not sure how all the mechanics of the blocking and unblocking work. I have some general ideas, but I don't always get it right. In this case I found something that was working for me, so I kept with it and didn't try other possibilities for fear of screwing it up. The resident expert on this sort of thing is Elephant...you might want to solicit some input from him on why it might or might not have worked.

Duke of Marlbrough said:
She has not logged on since I sent her the PM. So, I'd say, if you have the time, you're up.

Sorry, been on holiday for the last two weeks. It's going to be a busy couple of weeks for me, so if you carry on through the list, I'll jump back in later..... if there's anything left! :nuke: :lol:

So will we fit Jayne in right after O-n-S? I just ask to clarify, since under the long-ago original order, I would be next, and I just need to know how closely to be watching for when I need to jump in.
(Observation #1: We have strayed so far from the original order, that at this point it is perhaps catch-as-catch-can: whoever is available and willing takes over.
Observation #2: Whether or not I would be up next, I would be delighted to yield to Jayne. Or, in the finest example that chivalry is not dead, we could joust for the privilege. ;) )

I thought the ball was in Old-n-Slow's court. My prior post was only on the question of who would follow him.

Yup, me. :blush:

And given the delay in my response, you can guess that I have multiple reasons...but no justifiable excuse.

First the save (and the crowd goes, "It's about time!" -- Actually, the crowd said that three weeks ago. the crowd is asleep.)

Yes, I've had this too long. I rationalized in that I felt that this was "almost done..." And perhaps it is.

Inherited nearly 100 Eng in the field, 88 howies, 36 Jeeps & about a dozen tanks. checked out the trucks and trade situation, and after too much time realized that we were better off skipping much of this -- yes we almost have fusion power...and no we don't need it. In fact, we're better off if we don't learn it, on the off chance the Mongols steal us blind & launch.

1824 (Mongols build 14 Structurals.) Barb guerilla outbreak near Intombe/Zunguin. (Natch, Old n Slow is up.) Scope oue some cities, most of the Mongol cities are defended by four units -- mixing Alpines, Rifles and Fanatics; details suppressed. Take Khor (+456) and surround the first layer & execute the Andu Dip conversation -- war continues without a hitch. try a lot of "one strikes" where the howie steps up, stirkes once & leaves (perhaps to heal) set a lot of cities for happiness.

1826 (Mongols build another 8 structurals.) A dozen cities enter We Love, Pop = 155M. Take His (456), Cun (432), and Khan (420) deliver three trucks for about $1K each (deliver about three more for about 200 each, so we hold on the truck deliveries. Wanted to try the Uranium restoration activity, but decided to upgrade the source cities first. As it turns out those two trucks are still undelivered.) Lucked out with Khan as there must have been a hole in my network...the Senate allowed for continuance of the effort.

On the Zulu front, take Zim (646, gov't to Tugela) Ish (230) and then Cun (gov't to Cun; 420) Hmmm effort limited on this front to areas easily accessed by engineers.

1828 (Mongols complete their structurals -- now at the max (39) allowed.) Pop = 160. More Barbs this time near Paoting (We Love ends there... I wonder why? Oh yeah, Old n Slow is at the helm.) Take Iba (324) !??!!! I thought I had the first layer surrounded -- but the Senate OKs the war again. (Oh wait...now I remember the advice -- use a part to enter the city...) Take Antium (468), Kashgar (407), Kazan (420), Shangtu (396) and Tabriz (384) with thesame partisan, cleaning up the mess afterwards. Usually howies or SF get the call for clean up, usually 3-4 parts per city. Almost all of the parts place themselves on primo defensive sites (of course.) Sell of the Police Stations when seen, but some granaries may still be there. Only now remember to take out the barb center (see pics below.)

1830 Pop = 164 (We get two skulls -- cities to blame get instant MT.) Hmmmm is Old n Slow up to bat? Why yes...let's see some more barbs! This time the outbreak is near Cunaxa (Zulu capital) We do luck out & are able to get the barb centers and in due time clean up their remaining forces. After a little planning, we take Issus (316), Cannae (231) & Capua (85) with the same part, clean out Turin with an SF sacrifice and as the para drops in, the city is razed. this leave Cunaxa, taken with a tank (144) destroying the Zulu spaceship and their empire. On the Mongol front, We take Quinsay (294) and Naples (480) but forget to conduct dipolmacy after the last fight ... sure enough the next contact brings conversation, but this time, the senate forces a permanent peace treaty. And as we ask them to leave our environs, we're told to be gone.

Finish cleaning up the barbs. Hmmm 16 Mongols cities left, (I started with 9 Zulu targets and 27 Mongol plums) so this looks like a good place to stop. I shoved a number of the wounded units to shelter, but there are still some healthy ones to bring forward.

Good luck Jayne.

It's been a long tome since I've played a turn in this game.......

1830ad (1) – 16 cities left to take. Currently peace. Government democracy. Mongols uncooperative. Check next Oedo year – 1836. Might be useful to force a war later.

We are warned to move from Karakorum.

And welcome back Queen Jayne of the Barbarians! :queen: :cry: 21 visible units plus the stack near Ravenna.

1832ad (2) – Population 167 mil. Lots of WLTPD and a little pollution.

Take out stack of 79 barb units! :eek:

Speak to Mongols. We insist they remove their troops, and they declare war.

Take Karakorum. Government escapes to Samarkand. We get €484. Audience request, emissary sent away but Senate interfere. The Mongols then refuse to talk to us.

1834ad (3) – Start with more pollution. Talk to Mongols. Ask them to withdraw troops, and they agree. Attitude now icy.

Nearly all barbs now dealt with.

Barb uprising near Amiens – apparently. I couldn't find it!!

1836ad (4) – More pollution. Talk to Mongols. War! Take Samarkand. Government escapes to Aleppo. Get €480. Again Senate sign a treaty.

And as a gift to my successor – another huge barb uprising near Cannae. 23 plus stack.

1380ad (5) - More pollution. Talk to Mongols. War! Take Aleppo. Government escapes to Kabul. Get €384. Treaty signed by Senate.

Take out barb stack – another 79 units!

--
So, three Capital cities taken, about 300 units killed, only one unit of ours lost. Not bad for me really! :lol: I've left a few units which can still move, plus lots of spending power. Enjoy!

Top Bottom