1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Voices of Aretania

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by Seidrik_The_Gray, May 1, 2008.

1. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

/ooc This is a guild for roleplayers of all skill levels and all qualities, from dabblers to those who spin yarns of worlds far more captivating than their own and often have to be torn and ripped back into reality.

Seidrik, wearing a dark grey cloak with gold thread worked into the edges an ivory sceptor, whose top is worked into the shape of a horses head with copper eyes and a gold mane rides into the central square of Arete on Chestnut stalion with copper horse shoes. He calmly dismounts, then walks up to the base of the Monument dedicated as a statement of Aretanian destiny, and posts a decree on the city's official message board. He then remounts his horse and calls out to the small crowd of people busy at the nearby markets.
    "People of Arete! As the center of our nation's great culture, I find it is time that this city supported our fine story tellers, historians, and bards with a guild of their own! To that, I am offering a meeting area in an apartment that I have setup for that purpose! I will have a steward there, Mr. Huck who will be happy to sign up all who wish to join this guild and promote Aretanian culture and who may also wish to collaborate on our people's history and if nothing else keep us all entertained!
    The Apartment is to the SE on the hill there, with an awe inspiring view of the sea. I look forward to meeting with you all in the future."
    With that, Seidrik paused to speak with some who had gathered, then rode off to make arrangements for the appartment, find a man named Mr. Huck, and plead with the Philosopher's faction to requisition the apartment using public funds no less.

2. Seidrik_The_Gray

Things we will be doing:

Members:
    Diamondeye, Vandal Warlord

Current Events:
    Saga contest!

Schedule:
    Saga contest ends in June.

Ideas:
    Story contests
    Scripted events
    To name a few...

3. Seidrik_The_Gray

Members who pledge to support "the Arts" as they are and historians and story tellers, etc...in RP fashion of all skills and qualities:

Guilds with whom we will be working with: (Guilds who pledge to be RP-guilds and to support our functions)

4. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

The next time Diamondeye is in Arete, he sees the poster and quickly finds Seidrik to join the storytellers. "I will try to be here as often as possible, even though I have a job to do in New Giruvegan."

5. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Vandal sees the notice and thinks, Hmmmm... sounds interesting, and easy to corrupt:mischief:, I will attend.

6. Seidrik_The_Gray

Welcome aboard Diamondeye and Vandal Warlord!

I have just announced our first contest. It is the Saga Contest!

7. blastoidstalker

blastoidstalker The Geographer

Clydus will bring The Blastoids letters to this group when he is away ranging the wilds

8. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

I like this idea, but I've got so much going on. Will be lurking, but not officially joining.

9. Seidrik_The_Gray

All are welcome, even if their time is limited. A creative mind and a demonstration of rp capability or stories, etc...at least on occasion is all we ask.

Seidrik tips his hat to the new members, Blastoid and civplayah.

10. Seidrik_The_Gray

Clydus, could you please make an entry for the saga contest?