1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Vote for 2nd pref team leader

Discussion in 'Team Kazakhstan' started by Kaleb, Nov 24, 2008.

?

What leader do we pick as 2nd pref? (all are financial)

Poll closed Nov 26, 2008.
  1. Darius--Persia--Org

9.1%
  2. Hannibal--Carthage--Char

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Huayna--Inca--Ind

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mansa--Mali--Spi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Pacal--Maya--Exp

36.4%
  6. Ragnar--Viking--Agg

27.3%
  7. Victoria--England--Imp

9.1%
  8. Wang Kon--Korea--Pro

18.2%
  9. Oranje--Dutch--Cre

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

We need to pick our 2nd preference for leader ASAP in case we don't get our first choice.

Elizabeth came out as our 1st pref choice for leader.

Can I suggest we pick a 2nd pref from the remaining options on the list?

(my vote is for Pacal)

2. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

I voted Ragnar - viking raiders can be devastatingly effective in multilayer. It also forces everyone else to defend all of their coastal cities which is a definite drain on resources.

Also I find that aggressive tends to be one of the most useful traits. MP always seems to involve a lot of war.

As to others preference for the Maya - I have never found expansive to be that useful. Industrious would be a far better choice in order to grab a few early wonders.

3. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

Aggressive will propably be a weak trait in this game set up...only 5 players standard size map....chances are that we will have lots of space to expand...

As for the amphibious promo that viking maces get.....it is very impropable that you will find yourself in the situation to use it against humans...first the life span of maces is small...knights and muskets appear with not much difference... second it is only usefull if you want to surprise someone and hurt them by raising cities, because if you are bordering there is no point investing in galleys and going by sea.

Expansive trait is the best trait at start of game...you need workers (you get them faster with expansive) and you need granaries everywhere (half price with expansive)....no other trait gives you 2 big early discounts....only creative but libraries come a bit later.

4. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

As to city raising - yes it does only hurt them - but in the long run that is how you win the game. Also attacking by surprise is cost effective. Close borders tend to be very well defended. Also am I not mistaken, but don't viking raiders keep their amphibious trait when they are upgraded to grenadiers or rifles?

As to the benefits of being expansive. The decreased cost of granaries and workers is a big benefit at the very start of a game. But after the 1st few cities are built it is only a marginally useful trait.