Vote for PolyCast in 2010 Podcast Awards: 'Best Produced' and 'Gaming' Categories

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
- Vote Daily for PolyCast in the 2010 Podcast Awards (December 1st-15th 11:59PM Eastern Time (North America))! -

Earlier this month, the call went out to nominate PolyCast (PC) for the 2010 Podcast Awards short lists in both the "Best Produced" and "Gaming" categories. Yesterday, the Top 10 nominees in these and all 22 categories were announced. Thanks to the efforts of those who submitted nominations for PC, the show has been successfully nominated in the both categories. :cool:

On behalf of the PolyCast team, thank you for this. Now we need your help to vote for the show... and to vote every day!

Between December 1st-15th (11:59PM Eastern Time (North America)), please vote for PolyCast in the "Best Produced" and "Gaming" categories daily; for complete details, see the rules. Keep on Civ'in!

I vote every day, and I am "randomly selected" to verify my vote every day too. Remember that important step.

I vote every day, and I am "randomly selected" to verify my vote every day too. Remember that important step.

...and here I thought I was just getting bad odds. ;) C'mon Civ Nuts, let's get poly some hardware! Do you think the best produced statue is a gold plastic guy sitting at a computer desk? Come to think of it, do you think the gaming statue is a gold plastic guy sitting at a computer desk with a bag of chips? :D

:) -- same.

Appreciate your noting that.

...and here I thought I was just getting bad odds. ;) C'mon Civ Nuts, let's get poly some hardware! Do you think the best produced statue is a gold plastic guy sitting at a computer desk? Come to think of it, do you think the gaming statue is a gold plastic guy sitting at a computer desk with a bag of chips? :D
:lol:

That bag of chips should be chocolate covered almonds instead... ;)

I believe the awards ceremony is on at the moment. Good luck to PolyCast!
At the time of your post, Camikaze, yes it was.

PolyCast (PC) was not the successful winner in either the "Best Produced" or "Gaming" categories of the 2010 Podcast Awards (PA). There is no less reason to be proud of the show's standing, which to me is humbling in its reflection of the Civilization community's support to the show.

In the three years which PC has been a participant in this effort, it has been a successful category nominee twice and three times respectively. There are 22 PA categories with 10 nominees apiece -- that's 222 slots for podcasts. There are only 13 shows which appear in both a genre as well as an 'overall' category of either "Best Produced" or "People's Choice", and PolyCast is one of those. During the nomination process, PA founder and operator Todd Cochrane described the competition as "fierce". Some addition data from him helps put these results in greater context.

There were 2931 shows put in for nomination. With 207 shows appearing on the nomination slate, that gave each podcast nominated a 7.1% chance of being a successful nominee. Further, more than 1.1 million nominations were received -- more than three times as many as any previous year. (This was the sixth year for the PAs.) As for the subsequent voting for each categorical winner, the reported difference between the nominees that received the most and the least votes was -- at most -- in the 4,000-5,000 range.

In closing, I again thank all for their efforts in achieving PolyCast's most respectable standing once more in the annual Podcast Awards. Its 2011 edition is to begin next October.

Top Bottom