Vote Writing!

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
I would like to remind everyone, a vote for writing now will get us faster to a Great Scientist, which means we can place an Academy with the library much quicker. A direct choice of writing now will most certainly win us the tech race to CoL, as well as getting us closer to currency. A great scientist earlier is much better than later, and our food abundance sort of makes Granary irrelevant.

I also think we should delay the save as long as possible, to make sure the writing and pottery choice gets due attention.

I also think we should delay the save as long as possible, to make sure the writing and pottery choice gets due attention.

So do I, but you've already ended the turn :crazyeye:

So do I, but you've already ended the turn :crazyeye:

I know I know :) But we were in a deadlock with regards to pottery and writing, and getting to see that horse right now, was what we needed. If the poll went differently, we should have waited a bit.

We can still change pottery to writing, it is just a placeholder. But we need to decide within the day what we want, as the research passes then.

We can still change pottery to writing, it is just a placeholder. But we need to decide within the day what we want, as the research passes then.

No we cannot. From the momment we ended turn the beackers for this turn have been applied to pottery...logging in and changing tech will do nothing

I don't know why we were in such a rush to end the turn when we were still discussing

We can still change to writing or mysticism, without losing research (it will just be delayed).

We also needed to see the horses to sharpen the discussion somewhat, as a lot of things were guesswork.

Right now we are researching pottery. That is what was voted on. The margin was not slim or close. Pottery won by 20%. Pottery should be removed from the current "next tech" poll as it is deceptive. :cry: The decision has already been made. We can vote on what to research AFTER pottery or make a poll on whether to SWITCH techs from pottery to writing. Having Mysticism in the poll is just a deceptive way of trying to overturn the pottery vote by making it look like a normal tech poll IMO.:(

Sorry Sommerswerd, it seems that writing is winning both polls, two people changed their mind in the poll where pottery had a lead when the real info came on the table. We are going for writing now.

Provolution please next time you make a thread advocating a tech path, provide a specific plan. What will we build where what will improve etc...

Advocating writting just to make a scientist faster without testing if that serves us best overall or not, is just confusing.

The same should apply to other options as well, to substantiate their plans. But damnrunner made a good proposal on the matter.

Just to open up an old sore. At this point it does not matter anyway but I wanted to bring it up as it could inform later decisions about the opportunity costs of various technology choices.

The 20% pre-req bonus on writing from getting pottery 1st should be 24 out of 120 bulbs. However at an absolute minimum our capitol should produce at least 10 commerce and the 50% academy bonus should therefor add at least 5 extra beakers. Consequently if getting pottery 1st delays and academy by more than 5 turns (5x5=25) it is not worth it.

I think the point was that researching we weren't going to be building a library straight after writing was completed as we were going to be building settlers, therefore we may as well research techs in the order that gets us them cheaper.

Top Bottom