Vox Populi, CP, and CBO in the CMM

JFD

Kathigitarkh
Hello lads. I wanted to open this thread in the hopes that we can generate some interest in getting some more input from the members of this community for the Civ Modders Monthly ladgazine - and if you don't yet know what that is, see the thread here. Some recent concerns were raised about the lack of representation on VP mods, but the only way that can be resolved fairly is if people from this community put their foot forward and contribute to the CMM. And indeed, I'd love to have regular features relating to this community and its works.

So, any takers? What I'm looking for right now is anyone that's interested in spotlighting the VP project as a whole, or any individual mod within it (be it CP, CBO, or any of the modmods that have been made for it). Otherwise, I'm also keen to get people just sharing their thoughts on general VP-related things - maybe a piece on the community aspect, or some personal stories about your experience with VP, or maybe even just some insight into the technical nature of it. There is really no limit to what you can write on.

So just let me know in this thread if you're interested (or go directly to the ladgazine Discord server), and now you can't say I haven't tried to reach out :p

I think you should put a spotlight on Gazebo and Pineapple in particular their work on modding Pineapple's 3/4 unique mod and Gazebos holistically work on this community has been phenomenal.

All other overhaul mods come and go but this one is the best.

If youre going to spotlight civs... The Papacy one the Vietnam one have been phenomenal.

I think you should put a spotlight on Gazebo and Pineapple in particular their work on modding Pineapple's 3/4 unique mod and Gazebos holistically work on this community has been phenomenal.

All other overhaul mods come and go but this one is the best.

If youre going to spotlight civs... The Papacy one the Vietnam one have been phenomenal.

JFD needs willing writers to write about that, not imperatives for him

JFD needs willing writers to write about that, not imperatives for him
I phrased it poorly I used to write articles for a newspaper. I don't mind doing it if I can have a few quotes from people saying what their favorite parts of the mods are... Ie ways that they feel improve the game.

@Gazebo CMM_Issue9_Jul2019.pdf
"We reached out to Gazebo to speak to us regarding his role in the community, but
unfortunately he did not respond."
Busy days and perhaps missed a notification I suspect so just in case...

@JFD I did not intentionally forget to respond, apprently the questionnaire came during my move and somehow my civfanatics inbox never notified me I had a message. Dang. I will make this right if I can.

G

Last edited:
@Gazebo CMM_Issue9_Jul2019.pdf
"We reached out to Gazebo to speak to us regarding his role in the community, but
unfortunately he did not respond."
Busy days and perhaps missed a notification I suspect so just in case...
Nice paper.
In the last page, where you publish the lattest mod releases, you could include the last VP release too. You could say it's just an update, but sometimes we change so many things that it looks like a new mod. Especially since this spring happiness rework. And it will also show that this one is still active and alive.

Well, to make things easier on me, I tend to stick to the Steam releases. But I'd be happy to if someone from VP were willing to take a more active involvement in reminding me :p

Top Bottom