Vox Populi Declaration Of Friendship Formula

DiplomacyAI... for the future, you can tell what file it came from by the header linker snippet, i.e.
CvDiplomacyAI:: = CvDiplomacyAI.cpp

Thanks! Just one thing i noticed. I cloned your repo and opened it with visual studio 2017. Opening the file you suggested i find some differences in the lines you pasted here, specifically for instance:

Instead of finding:
if(iWeight >= /*32*/ GC.getDOF_THRESHOLD())

I found:
if(iWeight >= /*12*/ GC.getDOF_THRESHOLD())

Which i know is the vanilla one and not the one modded.

Now i know it's just a comment, but it makes me thing that i'm looking at vanilla stuff and not at the modded one you pasted here.

Unless you changed it after you pasted here the code to update the values on what it currently is in Vox Populi?
In that case everything is fine. Just wanted to be sure!

Thanks for your help!

Thanks! Just one thing i noticed. I cloned your repo and opened it with visual studio 2017. Opening the file you suggested i find some differences in the lines you pasted here, specifically for instance:

Instead of finding:
if(iWeight >= /*32*/ GC.getDOF_THRESHOLD())

I found:
if(iWeight >= /*12*/ GC.getDOF_THRESHOLD())

Which i know is the vanilla one and not the one modded.

Now i know it's just a comment, but it makes me thing that i'm looking at vanilla stuff and not at the modded one you pasted here.

Unless you changed it after you pasted here the code to update the values on what it currently is in Vox Populi?
In that case everything is fine. Just wanted to be sure!

Thanks for your help!

I changed it for you so it wouldn’t be unclear - the actual value is 32 but I often don’t mess with define comments so I know what the original was. :)

That makes completely sense then, thanks.

So i don't know if this is the right place, there is probably another subforum i should create another post to but since it's a direct continuation i'll try it here. I tried to build the CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll, with no edits whatsoever just to see how it works.
To do so i followed your (@Gazebo) quick hints on github, except this step here:

Just clone the repo. Visual Studio solution files are included in the Expansion2 folder

Mainly because the only .sln file i found were in the root.

So not sure if you meant something else with that, but anyway opening CvGameCoreDLL.vs2010.sln and compiling the dll results in a CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll which is double the size (12MB) of the one in /Community Patch (6MB).
I was expecting a similar size to say the least. Out of curiosity i tried replacing the dll anyway, but of course it doesn't work. So i basically failed the build. Did you do something to the built CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll before moving it into the /Community Patch folder? I'm trying to get some familiarity with it. I'd like in the future to dish out some mod for the whole Vox Populi.

Thanks in advance for any clarification!

I've recently managed to build the DLL successfully. Regarding size, you probably built a debug version (as I did on first attempt) - select 'Release' on dropdown at top.

I used a Solution 'VoxPopuli_vs2013' and within that something called 'VoxPopuli (Visual Studio 2008)'. Don't let it update the project to later version of VS if/when it asks.

Not sure if this is the best method (and would love to hear improvements) but it seems to work and should get you started. Good Luck!

Ehi! Thanks for the tip. It was indeed the debug version that doubled the size. Now i finally build DLL with the same size (it is still 1KB higher then the original one). The problem is that it doesn't still work.
I mean, for some reason replacing the original with my built one (whit no edits, mind you! Just compiled manually) makes it like the other Vox Populi components do not work. I can check that because when setting up a new game i can't go over 22 Civlizations, even though i've the 43 Civs component enabled. Also i can't load a previous ongoing game (it crashed during loading). As soon as i put back the original i can both load the ongoing game, and also create a new game with more than 22 Civs.
So i was wondering @psparky, did you do something else after compiling the dll? You said you even managed to edit it (so another step forward compared to what i'm doing now), but are you sure that it actually works in game and doesn't disable the other Vox Populi components?

It's probably a beginner mistake i'm doing, but i can't see what it actually is. So i'm open to ideas :)

I made two simple one-line edits and I can see that both are working OK in standard VP. I've only played Standard VP and I've never installed the 43 Civs version, so I don't know if that would work with my DLL.

I think there is actually a different DLL needed for the 43 civ version (and that would be consistent with your experience) but I don't see how to build it. There is a file in the source folder '43 Civs CP' called '43 Civs CP.civ5sln' - maybe it's that.

Hopefully someone better informed will reply.

Mhm yeah that might have something to do with it. But at the same time i don't see any .dll in the 43 civ component (folder) of Vox Populi... Also while building the dll the folder and code is all there, so it makes me think it should be included... Well i hope someone with experience on this will chime in to shine some lights on the situation! Thanks for your help in the meantime! :)

Nothing... I keep hitting a wall. Looked some resources and guide on the forum but nothing that i could use to explain why i'm stuck there with a same compiled dll... @Gazebo Do you have any quick tip to share? Do you do something else with the .dll after building it? Or do you just drop it into the community patch folder? I'm curious if indeed the 43 Civs module of Vox Populi is giving some problem to it...

Top Bottom