1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Vox Populi] What determines the improvement construction speed

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by jamespppqqq, Jul 24, 2018.

1. jamespppqqq

jamespppqqq Chieftain

I notice that a worker builds an improvement with variant time expense. For example, sometimes 6 turns for a farm and sometimes 10 turns-standard speed setting, no policy/building buff. Generally speaking, improvement in Capital is faster to build than in other cities. Can someone explain to me a formula that determines the time cost of finishing an improvement? Thanks.

2. merill

merill Prince

3. jamespppqqq

jamespppqqq Chieftain

Do workers earn promotions? How?

4. merill

merill Prince

By being enslaved by a nasty neighbor. It will go away many turns after, when their social integration is done (if their master doesn't kill them before, I do this often when i didn't need them anymore).
    It's explained on the promotion tooltip.

5. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Emperor

Essentially, if you capture a Worker, it will work at -50% speed for 50 turns. You can click the Worker, hover over the promotion in the corner (the red arrow) and see how many turns left until it starts working like normal again.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  6. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

Many people keep assuming these construction times are additive, but multiplicative in different ways and I haven't seen any accurate answers.

Let's assume a worker has a workrate of 90 (because it does and is not affected by gamespeed).
    Assuming a Camp requires a time of 700 (because it does on standard time).

700/90 = 7.778... or 8 turns.

and since you need 700 to have it built. Workers will always have to round up their turns and every Camp thus need to be built in 8 turns.

Let's add in a policy of Liberty (+25% work rate).

The time for an improvement to be constructed is not reduced, but rather the worker's working rate is improved instead as the tooltip states.

So it's not reduced to (8*0.75 = 6) turns to build to a Camp when Liberty is taken, but rather...

90*1.25 = 112.5

700/112.5 = 6.222... or 7 turns.

Now the work rates do stack additively, so a slave worker with Liberty will make this (-25% work rate rather than -50%).

90 *0.75 = 67.5

700/67.5 = 10.370 or 11 turns.

XplosiveLun likes this.