[Vox Populi] What determines trading price of luxury/strategic good

jamespppqqq

Chieftain
The unit price for a luxury/strategic good is varying over AI and over time, unlike in the vanilla version where luxury is typically 7 golds per turn and strategic is 1 per turn. In the mod, some are not willing to trade unless the luxury is 2 golds, some are willing to pay 20 or even higher. Also, they are reluctant to sell their own goods. AI with the friendly relationship can ask for 100 golds per turn for a luxury. It is very puzzling to me what strategy they are using to price the commercial goods.

I believe it fluctuates based on the reletive gold income and how much the AI values happiness at that point. An AI far behind in happiness but with a lot of money will likely be willing to spend more than one who is far ahead in happiness but low on money.

Re: Reluctance to sell their own luxuries. I noticed this too. I assume it's cause they don't want to help a stronger power with happiness unless they are desperate for cash.

In my latest game of CP only, Immortal America, I abandoned that game at turn 230ish because it became too easy, in big part because I spend the entire game milking the AIs for their money in exchange for luxuries. The pattern was like this: I could always get 2 gold per turn less than their available gold, no matter the amount. Say Siam had 110 GPT, I could always get 108 GPT for one luxury. And on and on.

I don't know if it was because I played CP only (might be), because I never saw the AI doing that in VP before, but now that you mention the same as part of VP, I don't know.

What I know is that it seems to me that CP only is not viable anymore. Not enough samples yet, but I abandoned my last 2-3 attempts at it because of this same pattern of "easier than vanilla".

I could always get 2 gold per turn less than their available gold, no matter the amount. Say Siam had 110 GPT, I could always get 108 GPT for one luxury. And on and on.
This is certainly broken. I usually get 2-12 GPT per Lux.

In my latest game of CP only, Immortal America, I abandoned that game at turn 230ish because it became too easy, in big part because I spend the entire game milking the AIs for their money in exchange for luxuries. The pattern was like this: I could always get 2 gold per turn less than their available gold, no matter the amount. Say Siam had 110 GPT, I could always get 108 GPT for one luxury. And on and on.

I don't know if it was because I played CP only (might be), because I never saw the AI doing that in VP before, but now that you mention the same as part of VP, I don't know.

What I know is that it seems to me that CP only is not viable anymore. Not enough samples yet, but I abandoned my last 2-3 attempts at it because of this same pattern of "easier than vanilla".
You clearly have a bugged download. Try reinstalling.

You clearly have a bugged download. Try reinstalling.
This is certainly broken. I usually get 2-12 GPT per Lux.

Nope. Perfect install. Again, it's a CP-only game, not VP, yet it should not be happening even with CP only... perhaps some quirk in the deal score system that affects CP only?

Nope. Perfect install. Again, it's a CP-only game, not VP, yet it should not be happening even with CP only... perhaps some quirk in the deal score system that affects CP only?
Perhaps some quirk of a bad install? How exactly does one know if its a perfect install?

Perhaps some quirk of a bad install? How exactly does one know if its a perfect install?

Because I noticed this in a previous version but did not say anything...

It's possible that you installed previous version the same exact way, so it produces the same bug.

Oh come on, I know what I am doing, don't push me into having to tell you why, I don't like that...

Bug report on Github, then?

Because I am not sure what it really is, and don't want to bother G with it unless enough observations are made by me and more people, or G comments on it. Especially because it seems to me that pure CP maintenance is not active anymore (?)...

Top Bottom