1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BNW] [VP] Strategic resource modifiers from technologies - any ideas?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by maxf, Oct 9, 2020.

1. maxf

maxf Chieftain

Hi
    I want to add some strategic resource modifiers to some techs. Say, I would add +25% iron from Steel and Metallurgy, +25% to all resources from Industrialization and so on. But seems there aren't any tables to do it.
    The only thing seems i can do - add modifier to all resources by creating a dummy policy. But I would like to add modifiers for individual resources like I said above. Maybe some tables/functions exist in newer VP? Or you know another way for it?
    I found single resource modifiers in traits table only. But I have no idea how to use it for my task.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  2. maxf

maxf Chieftain

The only way that comes to mind is to use dummy buildings that give a certain resource and recalculate their quantity in the capital after each turn and after some other events. The method is terrible, but nothing else without changing dll, in which I understand little, does not come to mind yet.