VP Text & Tooltip Reports for all Users!

Enginseer

Salientia of the Community Patch
Supporter
Hi, seeing the positive reception for clearer and number-crunching tooltip. There are some that may be inaccurate, outdated, or unclear descriptions that my eye has simply not read. If you feel like you don't understand something, feel free to post it. Here's a format and example I would like for my convenience... or.. just even ask for Civilopedia entries if necessary.
Code:
[B]Version Number[/B]:
[B]Screenshot/Key Words[/B]:
[B]Suggestion[/B]:
Version Number: 3.5.2
Screenshot/Key Words:

Suggestion: I don't understand how many Production I am getting?

Spoiler My reply :

Of course, the correct wording should be:
Gain 150% of the :c5strength: Combat Strength of defeated Enemy Units as :c5production: Production in the unit's City of origin.
Thank you!

Last edited:
Since no one wants to post any or not notice any inconsistency.
Version Number: 3.6.1
Screenshot/Key Words:
Suggestion: I don't understand if Burial Tomb makes a Historic Event.

Spoiler It does :

On another note, playing Dutch is made more fun!
and also if you wanted to see if one resource is more valuable than the other...

It's better but you use two different icons in the same text for land trade route.
i was hoping someone might notice, will catch it

There are many tile improvement pages that lack this clarity, but I'll use the Citadel as an example:

Screenshot/Key Words:
1685250007494.png

Suggestion:
Does this improvement remove tile features?

(I know the Citadel does, but there are others I genuinely didn't/don't know and can't tell from their entry. I think it would be nice if all of them specified either that they do or do not remove tile features.)

Most improvements remove features. The ones that don't should be specified.

Also, would something like adding in the techs and/or social policies where tile improvements gain additional yields be something you're looking for here? Or is that more of a feature request that should be posted to GitHub or the next VP Congress?
Feature quest but I would not be interested in doing those at all since EUI does that.

There are many tile improvement pages that lack this clarity, but I'll use the Citadel as an example:

Screenshot/Key Words:
View attachment 663174
Suggestion:
Does this improvement remove tile features?

(I know the Citadel does, but there are others I genuinely didn't/don't know and can't tell from their entry. I think it would be nice if all of them specified either that they do or do not remove tile features.)
Afaik the improvements that specify it can only be built on a feature won't remove that feature.
I dont know if it fits here but last time the painting of Diego Velázquez pop up it said "Diego Velasquez" instead. Can we change the "S" for a "Z" please?

ok done

Also, would something like adding in the techs and/or social policies where tile improvements gain additional yields be something you're looking for here? Or is that more of a feature request that should be posted to GitHub or the next VP Congress?
It's a feature request that I planned to do. Expand the Civilopedia to include many things so you don't have to double-check the database.

Quite frankly I have no idea how to summarize this

A Historic Event is a sum of Tourism and 1/3 of the Culture you make during the last X Turn. This X is determined by the building/policy/whatever it gives. (Palace usually is the default so it looks for about 10 Turns) If you make a Trade Route to a Major Civilization, a Historic Event's Instant Tourism is divided into 3 with all known Civilizations and given 100% to the Civilization you were trading with. Historic Events are also weaker up to -75% scaling by the number of cities you have (default is -5% per non-Capital City).

Not all Historic Events are also the same.
Spoiler :
Code:
    case HISTORIC_EVENT_GREAT_PERSON:
        iTotalBonus /= 15;
        break;
    case HISTORIC_EVENT_ERA_CHANGE:
        iTotalBonus /= 10;
        break;
    case HISTORIC_EVENT_WON_WAR:
        iTotalBonus /= 5;
        break;
    case HISTORIC_EVENT_WORLD_WONDER:
        iTotalBonus /= 5;
        break;
    case HISTORIC_EVENT_DIG:
        iTotalBonus /= 10;
        break;
    case HISTORIC_EVENT_TRADE_CS:
        iTotalBonus /= 5;
        break;
    case HISTORIC_EVENT_GOLDEN_AGE:
        iTotalBonus /= 5;
        break;
    case HISTORIC_EVENT_TRADE_LAND:
        iTotalBonus /= 15;
        break;
    case HISTORIC_EVENT_TRADE_SEA:
        iTotalBonus /= 15;
        break;
Digging Archaeological Sites (Artistry) or advancing to the next Era gets -90%.
Winning a War, Building a World Wonder, Trading with a City-State, or hitting a Golden Age (Artistry) gets -80%.
Birthing a Great Person, and trading with a major civilization either via land or sea gets -94%.

And of course, this is BEFORE modifiers.

What this means is that you can stack Caravansary + Bazaar, but you cannot "strengthen" this Historic Event with the Harbor. The Bazaar gets a funny exception since it buffs both Land and Sea Historical Event trades.

All Historic Events are essentially treated as the same... but they differ in how much they produce which can be confusing (?). I'll let anyone want to reword this because I don't know how to since I know it too much to simplify it.

Last edited:

On another note, the WLTKD Turn is provided here now.

Historic Events are also weaker up to -75% scaling by the number of cities you have (default is -5% per non-Capital City).
This part really should be gone, since Historic Events are ALSO affected by the tourism modifier which includes the "relatively wider" penalty.

This part really should be gone, since Historic Events are ALSO affected by the tourism modifier which includes the "relatively wider" penalty.
That's what the -75% penalty is.. the relatively wider penalty. The code picks up gross tourism output rather than net tourism output you see on the TopPanel.

That's what the -75% penalty is.. the relatively wider penalty. The code picks up gross tourism output rather than net tourism output you see on the TopPanel.
The top panel output is the gross tourism output. There isn't a penalty on that from the number of cities you have, so there's no reason historic events should get it.

Most improvements remove features. The ones that don't should be specified.
That would be a fine standard by me, but this isn't consistently applied. For example, the Hunnic Eki specifies that it removes features, while the Chinese Siheyuan does not.

Furthermore, the Moroccan Kasbah does not remove forests, yet this is not stated in the Civilopedia entry. I found it out by accident while playing as them (after I had already removed some forests I would have left in place had the entry mentioned it.)

Civilopedia Eki.pngCivilopedia Siheyuan.pngCivilopedia Kasbah.png

Top Bottom