VQ08 - Washington/Emporer - Mission Control

Well, after all the fuss about a suitable city location I decided not to settle at all! :crazyeye:

The settler is currently sleeping at site 1 (which I decided was probably the best all-round location) because I didn't want additional upkeep to affect our research times - at least not until Alphabet was in the bag.

Our travelling workboat uncovered one of Mansa's scouts in 25BC. No sign of his territory, though, so no reason to sign OB, which is just as well because Peter is annoyed with him.

We also received news that the Chichen Itza has been built in a faraway land...

Alphabet was finished in 20AD and it turned out that we were the first to discover it. This was the situation at the time:

I assume we will be going after Gandhi in the near future, and HC is furious with him anyway, so I didn't bother trading with him. Similarly, Mansa is disliked by Peter and is too good at researching to be worth the risk. So I ended up making the following trades:

We also need Polytheism to get to Literature, but no one that we know yet has it, so I make that the next target for our scientists. I also turn science up to 100% now that we have a little extra cash.

Later in the same turn we meet Victoria. It turns out that she was the one with Metal Casting. Of course she won't trade it to us, so we have to make do with Open Borders instead. She is not particularly liked or disliked by anybody yet so no diplomatic risk at this stage. Mansa, on the other hand, has taken exception to us trading with Peter and given us a 4-point penalty :shake:

In 35AD Christianity is founded, but apparently not by anyone we know.

A little later I see another trade opportunity, this time with Vicky:

The deal favours her - and she gave us +4 for it - but we are not going to squeeze much else out of Alphabet now. We are now researching Literature.

This is the technology situation at the end of the turnset...

...and the diplomatic overview

I've set up a galley in NY now that the granary has been completed. The settler is still asleep at site 1 (GreyFox will rightly :whipped: me for this, just as he did in CTIV-09) so he could be sent overseas if necessary - or he could go ahead and settle in place and another could be built.

The barbs are generally behaving - I killed another archer that ventured outside - but note that there is now a barb galley prowling around the northern coast.

GreyFox said:
But seriously, I think we should have traded alpha for the remaining tech anyway. For instance, Mansa. If we don't trad ewith her, Vicky would most likely do.

Sorry, I should have been more clear in my report. It wasn't a question of didn't but rather couldn't. I made all the trades that our opponents were willing to consider (I think).

Here is the roster: 10 turns

Cosmichail -->UP --> hee hum need some war (like HC for that)
NamliaM -->on deck --> get us an new island spot for the Professor
Greyfox --> --> Ole blood n guts will get something going
Eektor --> OOP until July 29 --> misses all the fun
Armstrong --> --> Join the fight club
Scowler --> just played --> Analysis complete we are putting that freaking city

Ok enough with indecision with that city when I start he's settling no two ways about it anywhere I feel like it too so there. na na na (love being like a 5year old once in a while)

But now that I want to play the Freaking "server is offline" still. Could you please zip it up or just upload it here Scowler. Uploads12 is lost in the twilight zone.

I still think 1.5 is very much worth considering AND the Island due North West on the red or purple will be a nice city too.....

Mind you its an old-ish screeny....

We would do better expanding (South-)west-ish in general keeping some land open to our east for the odd settler every now and again. That land east is going NO WHERE anytime soon.
The land west however is prime target for Gandhi....

I suspect that if we don't let namliaM have his way we'll never hear the end of it... :lol:

Did you manage to get the save yet Cosmichail?

"got it" but can't play until tomorrow sometime.

EDIT: Got tied up with something today (air conditioning problem) and will try to play today but likely tomorrow.

Scowler said:
I suspect that if we don't let namliaM have his way we'll never hear the end of it... :lol:

Did you manage to get the save yet Cosmichail?
Hey its a team game, I am just presenting (pushing?) my point of view.... If anyone has a better Idea plaese do ...
1, 1.5 and 2 are all suitable cities, 1.5 IMHO is a bit better cause it picks up more 3 coin coastal tiles... Which means more coins earlier, but less coins later. Cause Towns reap 4 (5 with PP) coins offcourse... but thats what 70? turns down the line?

You know what I do agree with NamliaM we should expand south west on brown spot and will proceed with that. Reason being we will fill up more land there and stop Ghandi from spawning. We can always attend to 1.5 at some later point. I feel filling up the landmass to the south is a good point. The yellow spot should be next as there is a lot of food/elephants there. What I like about elephants is we get good commerce/production from them. So if nobody objects I am moving settler southwest. Now I might hear about that since he is probably already located near 1.5 but I still don't like the overlapping there and should maximize how much tiles we take to ensure Ghandi doesn't come settling. If I see him with Galley/settler I will close borders until we are dominating our own land mass.

PS: I will be sneaking away today to go home and play but will only have time to play this game since I was up in another SG. Does anybody know anything about S3 prosavage card (only 32mb). I get renderer error (on friends machine) and thought updating drivers might help but NOT. I notice Greyfox plays with laptop with 32mb card and thought I could get by with this machine for a few days. NOT

Cosmichail said:
You know what I do agree with NamliaM we should expand south west on brown spot and will proceed with that. Reason being we will fill up more land there and stop Ghandi from spawning. We can always attend to 1.5 at some later point. I feel filling up the landmass to the south is a good point. The yellow spot should be next as there is a lot of food/elephants there. What I like about elephants is we get good commerce/production from them. So if nobody objects I am moving settler southwest. Now I might hear about that since he is probably already located near 1.5 but I still don't like the overlapping there and should maximize how much tiles we take to ensure Ghandi doesn't come settling. If I see him with Galley/settler I will close borders until we are dominating our own land mass.
I dont know about the graphics card sorry...

The Dotmap is a verry old screeny new cities have been added since including Yellow and Brown. I will post a new dotty mappy after downing the save ... :) CU in 15 or so..

NamliaM I would look but can't until later so appreciate that very much.

Appearently Brown wasnt settle yet?
Offcourse we have the Purple Clam/Crab spot yet to settle!!!

The green and purple spots are the spots where gandhi's last known city currently is... It is likely he has pushed north allready making the white city unavailable. Tho the Teal/Green spot is verry low on food, I think its important we grab it as a beach head...

Ok NamliaM I think the purple spot is the closest. Don't recall if we have galley yet though. If I have to build it then I will proceed to brown spot start another settler and get galley so we can get that nice purple spot.

I think we will have time to get to 1.5 and east of that near the mountains later on. That isn't a bad spot either except for those dog gone mountains.

EDIT: When I look at the grey spot there's whale there. Now that helps with our happiness but we need optics for that don't we? I don't we are that far yet but that area will help with happiness factor.

Yes purple spot is closest, but .... Its not gaining us (much) and its not going anywhere... soon...
If an AI were to settle that Island it mostlikely will choose the Purple spot, so we can conquer it :)

Teal or green will "fall" to Gandi pretty soon and we will lose our beachhead town...
No Galley yet, so I think go ahead and settle 1, 1.5 or 2 any of the 3 is fine I think 1.5 is slightly better ;)

Then grab Brown and Teal/Green. We currently dont have a Galley and there is a Barb galley around. So we need to take that out as well.... Oh and get the Chariot within our culural bounds...

There is whale, yes it will help with Happy with optics IIRC, I bet that Gandhi's lands have more Luxxes to offer :D

@Namliam (I just settled on your suggested spot beside horses for speed and we can start settler in another city soon for brown/teal/green. Hope that's ok.)

T1

2 workers on mine now and settle beside horses on blue spot. Enough jibber jabber
(although, I agree we should get another settler soon to settle in southwest fish/hill site.)
Also Ghandi is extremely weak and we should go after him soon once we get a little more established. TGL realistic goal Lit almost in but MM likes to go for this one.

(this tells me when I look at Ghandi that he too was very much affected by barbs as Greyfox pointed out)

T2

Check all civs for freebie nobody in giving mood.

T3

Finish mine start road.

T4

Barb archer approaches our archer on hill

T5

Archer attacks chariot and dies. (poor barb how many of his fellow barbs died at our hand – but we love taking out those suckers)

T6

We meet Frederick

T7

Trade Polytheism for Priesthood and he’s pleased with us now. Ask for OB to keep WB moving.

T8

zzzzzzzzz

T9

Check all civs again and nobody in giving mood

T10

Huyana wants fur for Ivory (I know, I know but we need happiness) and accept as we need happies. Veto in 10 turns when we get happier. Maybe religion spreads to us by then. MM is the most advanced and has Monarchy. Lit almost in and Marble almost finished.

Here is the roster: 10 turns

Cosmichail -->just played --> thinks Ghandi needs some help with running his empire
NamliaM -->UP --> Get us the TGL if it's still available
Greyfox -->on deck --> Stardate oops
Eektor --> --> Had no fun with the barbies
Armstrong --> --> Tactician at heart
Scowler --> just played --> Analysis complete we are putting that freaking city

@Greyfox DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH

Yep should have negotiated. Maybe you can do that by your turn. I was in a hurry and had to get going, glad it was an easy 10 turns and not MMing like crazy when you get into war. I know you are a barterer more so than me and I am learning. Be patient with me oh wise one. I will sing this song to myself on the way out. (Must use brain, must use brain, must use brain)

Brain has many fried circuits from life though so have to do some reconnecting here and there LOL......

Top Bottom