W-I-P: Storm Over the Pacifc

Ok lets see

British India, c/o the Royal Navy
crown colony class CL - 2 sub-classes: ceylon & fiji; Should not be a problem to do

G and/or H class DD -Probably just do both we shall see

P class DD -Will do

C class DD - Will do

Illustrious CV - Wyrm

Attacker CVE - Wyrm

T class SS - Tom

New Zealand
Leander class CL - I will use 41 model I have so you can tell who is NZ or Aus

Australia
Leander CL - I will use 42 model I have

Q class DD - Will do

Bathurst - No model of it :(

I think there's a couple of Illustrious class carriers that Wyrm did floating around the DB as well.

Yes, when downloading that ship from the link for British WW2 ships of Wyrm I gave with my last post above in this thread you get that carrier with the correct funnel.

I didn´t list it, as the SOE-Illustrious carrier -B095 Illustrious CV Class- shows a wrong ship. I will correct this with the next update of the SOE files (what will last some time).
mrniceguy101, thank you very much for that hint. :)

all royal navy cruisers and destroyers are in (albeit placeholder gfx). Illustrious CV in also. had to add lend-lease dive bombers so British India can equip the cv and the attacker cve (not in yet, next). the cv-planes were on my sheet. just had to create separate prto_'s for them :)

Slight change to the Leander plan. It seems the Australian navy Leander's had two funnels instead of the single so found a model of that. :) The New Zealand navy had the single funnel so will use that. It will be much easier to tell who is who rather than my original plan of having the two different years with the different mods.

Slight change to the Leander plan. It seems the Australian navy Leander's had two funnels instead of the single so found a model of that. :) The New Zealand navy had the single funnel so will use that. It will be much easier to tell who is who rather than my original plan of having the two different years with the different mods.

The class was divided into 2 sub classes. The original design of 5 ships had one funnel. This is the ships used by the British and New Zealand navies. A second group of 3 ships were build with rearranged machinery. The boilers and engines were grouped into 2 independent sets, one for each shaft. This is why the ships had 2 funnels. All 3 were sold to the Australians and renamed by them.

El Justo & Klyden

The machinery change between the Leanders and Amphion/Perth classes in game terms would give the latter a better defense figure. Grouping the machinery into 2 independent sets increased survivability as they would be more difficult to disable. Also, these ships had more area of the hull above water covered by the side armor than the earlier single funnel group. That would mean they could also survive more damage topsides.

got done adding in the rest of the commonwealth sea units last week. so the rosters are complete.

i added in the two kamikaze units (zero & okha) too. trying to find suitable gfx for the american nuke. these are the last of the actual units i'm adding in. after this, it'll be pre-placing units. not sure how deep i want to get in terms of OOBs. surely we'll try and find appropriate naval locations as of May 1, 1942. some are easy others not so much. so we'll see what we can come up with. as far as land-based OOBs, not sure i'll get them all to spec but it'll be close. i do have some data. so i'll use what i have to start with beta testing which should commence once a majority of the pre-placed naval assets are in place.

i was thinking about adding landing crafts but am leaning towards not including them based almost entirely on the scale of the map; it's really big. if the scale was more on certain parts of the pacific, for example, i'd be inclined to add them. but for now, no :) same can be said for pt boats. scale of the map just doesn't warrant it imho.

i can't really think of anything. you've got all the ones we posted here (save for the ones where no model exists but that was, like, a handful at most) which is incredible in itself :cool: so thanks for that.

Top Bottom