1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

W.I.P World War 3

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Tommy Vercetti, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Tommy Vercetti

Tommy Vercetti The Don

Now that I got the terrain installed I will go over some of the details of my upcoming scenario.

The year is 2010, backed by the US the nation of Kurdistan is formed in the Middle East, in Iran Kurdish rebels break away to join the new nation, Iran attacks the Kurds, as a result the US comes to help the Kurds. Meanwhile North Korea, seeing this as there chance attacks South Korea again. China needing reasorcesto support its industrial needs, not only makes a grab at Taiwan but also invades Russia. Thus begins World War 3.
    The Civs I use might change as need(I might have to merge some of them)
    International Freedom Pact
    USA
    UK
    Russia/Commenwealth of Independant States
    South Korea/Taiwan/Philippines
    Japan
    Thailand/Malaysia
    France
    Germany/Low Contries/Austria
    Spain/Portigal
    Scandinavian Alliance
    Italy/Greece
    Canada
    Arab Alliance/Turkey
    Israel
    Australia/New Zealand
    Kurdistan
    Iraq/fganistan
    Brazil
    Latin America(Mexico, Central and South America)

Agressorers
    China
    Iran/Syria
    North Korea

Unalligend
    India
    Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia
    UN (minor contries of the world)
    North Africa

Special resorces to "split" (in a way) merged contries
    Phony wonders will be used to limit city razing

Any advice is welcome, I am learning here.

2. cubsfan6506

cubsfan6506 Got u

In my opinion this should be how the alliances are if you look iv edited.

3. Tommy Vercetti

Tommy Vercetti The Don

The "Arab Alliance" is Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Jordan, Yemon, Omon and Egypt.

4. kulade

kulade Deity

IMO it would be boring with two sides against each other. You should change the plot so there would be more different fighting alliances and neutral nations which could flip back and forth.

5. BadKharma

BadKharma Deity

I wholeheartedly agree with that.
    Seeing as how you are planning to set it in the future you could really play around with things, so why dont you.

6. Tommy Vercetti

Tommy Vercetti The Don

I am going to when I make a World War 3 aftermath scenario,

7. Tommy Vercetti

Tommy Vercetti The Don

Breing this back up

8. Tommy Vercetti

Tommy Vercetti The Don

William GBTW is now on the WW3 team.

9. Cimbri

Cimbri Deity

Considering the national makeup of the Arab Alliance, I think they’d rather die than side with Iran. Especially the Saudis.

The Arab alliance should be unaligned but have plenty of oil. That’ll make them a nice joker to the big powers. Perhaps you can have two Arab factions? The Arab Gulf States (oil states with Jordan as a loyal puppet) and the, oh I don’t know, Allied Arab Republics (dry states with Egypt, Yemen, Syria, and the other Maghrebi nations)? For kicks, a Hizbullah dominated Lebanon could side with Iran. Iran could also control parts of southern Iraq. If possible, Pakistan should be an independent nation (to keep the A-bomb from the Gulf States and Republics), same with strong nations like Indonesia and Turkey. And what about the Central Asian states? Imagine if the IMU (Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan) had finally outdone the Hizb ut-Tahrir and overthrown the Central Asian despots. An IMU dominated Central Asia (all the –istans save for US controlled Afghanistan… or Kabul) would be an interesting buffer between Russia, China, Pakistan, and Iran.

And what about an EU faction?

10. Tommy Vercetti

Tommy Vercetti The Don

The Arab Alliance is the Pro US Middle East on the Allied Side.

11. knigh+

knigh+ .

Grouping Turkey with Arab Alliance, or Syria with Iran makes no sense whatsoever. Syria has nothing in common with Iran except being yet another scapegoat of Bush government. Turkey would be unaligned rather than aligning with a US that suddenly stops valueing their alliance. Turks and Arabs don't get along very well either. The only remotely sensible grouping for Turkey could be with Azerbaijan. CIS is a crumbling body, with some members having resigned from parts of the agreements - If you need a USSR, do a Cold War scenario or alternate scenario in which Communism did not fall. Italy and Greece...no idea whet that means either.

If you want to reduce the number of civs, grouping US and Israel makes a lot more sense than these groupings. Also group entire EU into one civ (they are more joined than CIS). African Union is a better name than UN, for the African countries.

I'm sorry, but IMO civ4's way of handling civs is not compatible with a realistic simulation of the entire modern world. You need a Paradox engine for that.

12. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Creator

I agree that Israel better go with the US, so as to make room for another nation.
    Italy and Greece sounds good to me though :) They are a south EU group afterall.

13. William GBTW

William GBTW 73h 1337 H4x0rz

14. Tommy Vercetti

Tommy Vercetti The Don

Still working on this.