Wagons deliver more goods than allowed storage

ColPaladin

Chieftain
I thought for sure this bug would be reported here already: Wagons/ships will deliver goods far beyond the max warehouse space of a colony; sometimes you seem to loose it all, and sometimes it seems to stay "Red" and above the max for a long time. And the wagons don't seem to want to pick up the excess goods and take them to a needed location after this bug happens either.

Agreed, this is an annoying feature.

Well yeah you can work around it by micromanaging but when we set up trade routes, that's exactly what we're trying to do away with! :p

:mad:

I hate automation features which don't work.

When you think about it, I'm not sure how else it would work. The notification of wasted goods causes the player to fix his labor distribution without devastating him by trashing dozens or hundreds of goods accidentally wasted.

it must be a bug... cose as far as i know on the export option u can put "keep XXX " but when u put the same on import ... it simple satys as a number ... this number shuld be the max stock acomulation u desire...

This is exactly the bug that caused me to seek out this forum.

I had the idea of setting every colony to Import AND Export the required goods (lumber, ore/tools) and keep 50 or 100. This would, over a bit of time, even out the distribution of resources among the colonies. The problem is that the wagons fill up with these resources and are left with nothing else to do.

It would take some heavy programming to fix this into something very usable and user-friendly. My suggestion is to set up both a Min and Max level of storage desired. But instead of the Min being how many units are left in storage when a wagon passes through, the Min would be the trigger that adds the colony's trade route to the trade matrix. In other words, if I set Jamestown's Min Lumber to 150, this colony's Export Trade Route wouldn't even appear in the trades routes matrix until Lumber in Jamestown is 151+. Additionally, the Max, when hit, would remove the colony's Import Trade Routes from the trade matrix.

And lastly, if a wagon comes through with cargo, it ONLY unloads enough good to max-out the warehouse. The remaining good stay on the wagon and move on to another trade route.

It would also be nice to prioritize trades routes. Nothing is more frustrating in this bug to have one colony with 300 lumber and two colonies with no lumber while the wagons are off delivering ore to a colony on the outskirts of the country.

I usually have a hybrid system where I keep some wagons under manual control but I deliver most raw materials\export goods to a trade hub using automation. Here I build one trek sitting in the hub just to handle overflows. I find this easier than manually controlling everything since a majority of the trades are going to be of a raw->production or production->port kind.

Top Bottom