1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Wainy's Let's Play Deity - The Generic Conquest Victory

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by w a i n y, Oct 23, 2011.

1. kaibayashi

kaibayashi Chieftain

Fwiw, in my current modded game, I had Spain declare on me (I expanded near them the CBed a couple juicy tiles from our joint borders). I beat on them a little, then took a cheap peace deal. They DOWed again, peace, DOW, peace. Each time I took a load of gold, resources and a city. Now they're down to one city. The interesting thing is that until a couple turns ago it said "You were at war in the past but they don't seem to hold a grudge", and they were friendly. Now it's changed (see pic), but the whole time only two other Civs considered me a warmonger, and one of those doesn't anymore, and says they want to be friends 'because of my financial might' or something.

Spoiler :

2. w a i n y

w a i n y Let's Play Deity!

What's the lesson here?

3. kaibayashi

kaibayashi Chieftain

Take their peace deals each time, beat on them a little inbetween, avoid most of the penalties and still get all the goodies :goodjob::goodjob:

4. w a i n y

5. w a i n y

It's finally all up! (though you may not see the last one for another half-hour or so)
    As promised, here is the ending save. I thought it might be more interesting to include the save from exactly 10 turns before, based on jvidmaar's comment on the Youtube channel (go look it up, I won't spoil things here). So here you go. It should be an interesting "sandbox"-type game in any event.

Attached Files:

6. w a i n y

Surprise! Based on jvidmaar's suggestion, I went back to the autosave I attached above and tried to go for a conquest victory before the UN bell tolled. The results are - well, spectacular, but not due to any great skill on my behalf! I hope this helps illustrate how broken modern-era combat currently is.

7. jvidmaar

jvidmaar Chieftain

It's a Festivus miracle!

8. ShahJahanII

ShahJahanII Homesick Alien

Mat I suggest attaching your beginning saves?
    I am sure people would like to compare their games to yours.
    If they are as good at this game or explaining it as you are (there aren't many civers that are), we might have a few future LP makers!

9. w a i n y

I had to look this up. But lol!

I attached this earlier:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11061349&postcount=128
    Have fun!

10. ShahJahanII

ShahJahanII Homesick Alien

11. Omnicide1337

Omnicide1337 Chieftain

Wainy, new to civ 5 for about a week now. Using your version of the bowman rush in LP bablyon and bab2lon after studying them for hours I was able to beat all but deity level. Bowman are expensive now and I am also struggling with quickly pumping out units. If the bowman rush from before is no longer viable, I'm trying to learn about the other strategies to employ for babylon conquest victories.

I started watching your Ottoman generic videos and I've learned a lot. Any tips on altering of your bab2lon strategy that might make it more affective for me? I'm toying with the idea that unless I can get an early city capture, I should plan differently.

Thanks,

-Omni