1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Wainy's Let's Play Deity - The Stealth Bomber (and GL Iron Working) Rush

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by w a i n y, Jan 8, 2012.

1. snarzberry

snarzberry Emperor

I'd like to see more tech requirements for Stealth, between Radar and Stealth specifically. I think the hammer cost should be increased by about 40% and the upgrade cost from bombers needs to be at least tripled.

But I'm also in agreement that the real trouble here is the power of RA's and GS bulbing. I'm sure the expansion will introduce a number of balance changes and I hope this is one of them. Self generated beakers should be made more important than it is now, that much I'm pretty clear on.

2. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Chieftain

Seeing you have 26 stealth bombers there was quite ridiculous, so maybe they should consume 2 aluminium resources to force a smaller fleet.

3. JeanBaptiste

JeanBaptiste Warlord

This seems very reasonable.

I also think that they should tweak the AI into using SBs a lot more (would that be worse than nukes? :eek:) In your game Wainy, the Iroquois could have easily had the same amount of SBs as you which would have made it a lot lot harder.

The mobile SAM should also be a lot more effective against SBs.

4. Monthar

Monthar Deity

While they are a bit overpowered now, I think the expansion might make them seem less so. Plus for all we know it may be harder to beeline them so early. It all depends on how many new tech are getting added, where they're added and whatever else is done to the tech tree.

I made a mod to get an idea of what combat might be like in G&K with the increase in hit points. Gods & Kings Combat Mod
    One problem with my mod is I couldn't get cities to heal more than 5 HP per turn, no matter what I set the heal rate to.

In any case, it was taking me 2-3 Logistics SB's to kill modern units and about 5-6 to take a city down enough to capture it.

One thing I think could be done is increase the interception damage more than the other damages, because I think that setting also effects how much damage the SB's take when attacking anything. In fact I think I'll change that setting in my mod and see.

5. AnthonyPaulO

AnthonyPaulO Chieftain

Hello everyone,

I've been looking at this and the ICS, Civ V style thread and was wondering if the ICS method is viable in multi-player, and whether it's still viable post-patch where people mentioned a few things that might neuter it. If yes to both, is there anything specific to ICS multiplayer/post-patch that needs to be tweeked for it to work? What Social Polices are the most effective for ICS? I hear people talk about saving their policies, then using them all in one blow after Industrial, but I assume you spend the first three in Liberty to get the free settler and worker.

One last question : is it viable/recommended (again, multiplayer) to turtle with 3-4 cities until after completing both NC and Oxford (because it's easier to build library + university in as few cities as possible), then expand like crazy, filling in all the gaps? Also, should all these minor cities (not the 3-4 main cities) be capped at lvl 4 w/ monument, circus, col, market, library, univ? what roles do the main cities and minor cities play (ie. main cities = wonder + buildings, minor cities = science + units or gold +units)?

Many thanks, and sorry for the noob questions, but I am a noob!

Anthony

p.s. I play Washington and am trying to work out a strategy for the Stealth Bomber rush