Wait... people are still playing this game?

PreLynMax

Your Lord and Master
I was curious yesterday, and found some very recently (as recent as that afternoon!) created creatures. I know the aspect of creating unlimited creatures is fascinating, but I thought for sure the novelty has at least worn out by now. But alas, there are actually people still making creatures, even when most gamers has moved on to bigger, better games. Can't you believe it?

i no longer even know where my copy of the game is :lol:

i no longer even know where my copy of the game is :lol:

Same here.

I imagine the biggest fan base now is 5 year olds who want to feel like they rule the universe. It's a safe game for parents to let their child play, the only side effect being they'll grow up with a sick, horrific taste in games.

i don't need to know where it is, it doesn't need the CD to run.

Occasionally I fire it up, but yeah, I find Civ more entertaining.

I'll fire it up now and then. My friend likes to use the feature where you can see your creature on a black background as a makeshift CGI/greenscreen thingamajigger since he likes to make movies that need CGI monsters, but doesn't have an actual program for it.

Ha, that is actually a really good use for it! Never thought of that... :)

I go in and out of it every once in a while
(maybe once a year i get bored with Civ 4 so i get back to it)

I would still be playing it if the developers had updated it AT ALL in the last year

Nope. http://www.spore.com/patch

Last patch was basically to make Asymmetry official issued a few months after Galatic Adventures (2009). I guess you could consider the Dr. Pepper contest parts as a patch (2010?).

I think they consider Spore a heirloom now.
DarkSpore is not getting very good reviews and is already discounted, so I don't think we'll see much Spore, ever.

It's a shame, because there are some good level designers for the Galactic Adventures expansion, but really it's a kiddie product. 99% of what you can do with it is kids stuff only.

It's only really fun if you treat it as a creative engine, rather than a game on its merits alone. That doesn't speak well of it, but it's still how I play SPORE.

Enjoyed the game for a while. Just got CIV IV a couple of days ago and now I go on it maybe once a month, instead of a couple of times a month. Wish they would come out with an update since the expansions weren't very good. They got boring very quickly.

I stopped playing Spore when I got the expansion pack. I thought that it would make things fun. It didn't.

Made you be able to beam down on to planets and do missions instead of being stuck in your spaceship and the other one just gave you more parts.

Top Bottom