1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Wait, this game has the mechanics to be a vassal of an AI?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Immortal Ace, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Immortal Ace

Immortal Ace Prince

So I decided to mess around and go into the world builder of my current game and set myself as a vassal of Napoleon.

So I go about 10 turns in to see what happens. I get a pop up going, 'Napoleon demands coal' and my options were 'Yes, anything to make them happy' and 'Never, this means war!'

And this wasn't through the normal screen where the AI make demands but like the pop up the UN gives you if you want to vote yes or no to something.

I never knew this. LOL

2. Psyringe

Psyringe Scout

Interesting. Is there any mod that lets players become AI vassals?

I know that it's exploitable and therefore not implemented in the unmodded game, but sometimes when I'm on the losing side I'd just like to find a relatively secure place and find out how the world's history goes on.

3. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Better AI allows that and added mechanics for the AI don't be in ******** mode when it has a human vassal.

4. Psyringe

Psyringe Scout

Oh. :) I should have kept more up to date on the Better AI changes. :)

Is this enabled automatically in better AI, or do I need to change some settings in order to enable player vassalization?

5. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

It has XML setting that is OFF by default ( not everyone wants to be a vassal, you must reckon :D ). You will find more details in the BBAI forum.

6. Psyringe

Psyringe Scout

Ah. Found the variable BBAI_HUMAN_AS_VASSAL_OPTION in BBAI_Game_Options_GlobalDefines.xml