1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Waiting for player 1

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Multiplayer & PBEM' started by KMRblue1027, Mar 14, 2010.

1. KMRblue1027

KMRblue1027 The Crown!

Me and my brother started a LAN game and every turn I gain the ability to do production, but at the bottom of the game screen it says Waiting for Player 1 (Bismarck). When this message is up I can't move units and no action registers. This has also gotten worse over the coarse of the game. Plus, every time we boot up it's so long that it says I disconnected from the server.

Is there a way to fix this?

2. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Try and play GameSpy game. It may sound weird, but for us this worked - we used to play from one town with direct IP and have HUGE delays and the game, everithing was so slow and waiting for player x, then we switched to GameSpy and voila! no more delays.

3. Trev

Trev Prince

There are various articles on this, often the best solution is to open the port that civ4 uses. Done properly this solves most problems, checking for firewall blockages is another one.
    See top thread, it discusses solutions to this problem