1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Waiting on Civ Freeze, multiple games - v23

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Alornal, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Alornal

Alornal Chieftain

Attached Files:

2. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Does this reproduce just from loading this save game and selecting 'end turn'? If so do you know if it still happens with V24? I'll try it when I am able to (shouldn't be more than a few days now)

3. Alornal

Alornal Chieftain

Always reproduced for me, each game. I don't have access to v24 yet - hopefully tonight I can redownload.

Attempting to log, but the text file is annoyingly blank after my one city built a horse building:

Code:
    Logging by Caveman2Cosmos v24 (pre-release) (BtS 3.19)
    ------------------------------------------------
    [u][b]Turn 1229/14550 (2920 BC) [06-Jul-2012 11:11:31][/b][/u]
    [color="Blue"]100% Research: 223 per turn[/color]
    [color="Blue"]0% Gold: 120 per turn, 21902 in the bank[/color]

[b]After End Turn:[/b]
    [color="Purple"]Bangkok finishes: Horse Trainer[/color]

In game logging is much more verbose, but it seems to only ever keep saying UpdatePlotListButtons_Orig iCount(144) iSkipped(0)
    updatePlotListButtons_Orig column 0 offset 144

and various timer counters, within the range of 10-20 ms. None of them seem to match up with any observable events, and it keeps mentioning updated score, but I don't think it updates any score. All of this is from the Siam save.

4. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I just tried this and the game runs fine for me (subject to one bug, see below). I ended the turn it loads into immediately, and when it came back (didn't take long) I just ended-turn again at once - it played through that one fine also.

However, that is in recent code which pobabl wasn't in V23, and certainly isn't what you are seeing. My best guess is that whatever condition you are hitting is already fixed in the latest version. I suggest you upgrade to V24 and see fi that resolves your problem.

In regard to general activity logging, the best logs to look at fopr this sort of thing are the BBAI logs. Once you have V24 open the BUG menu and select the 'logging' tab. Set the BBAI logging to level 3 (right hand side of the top line of that page of options).

5. Alornal

Alornal Chieftain

Followup - it loaded in v24. However, with the changed start date, it said it was something like 28000BC, which was a bit silly for that level of development. Thanks for the help.