Wal-Mart to sell guns again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent 1337

Chieftain
Wal-Mart is going to start selling guns again in their stores. This is fantastic news, way to stick it to the liberals.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Wal-Mart said Thursday that it is bringing guns back to many of its U.S. stores in an effort to lift slumping sales.

In 2006, Wal-Mart (WMT, Fortune 500), the world's largest retailer stopped selling guns in the majority of its stores, blaming slow demand for those types of firearms.

Wal-Mart currently sells rifles, shotguns and ammunition in about 1,300 stores in the United States.

Those firearms will now be available at about half of Wal-Mart's 4,000 stores.

The retailer doesn't sell handguns in any of its stores, other than in Alaska.

Read more: http://money.cnn.com/2011/04/28/news/companies/walmart_guns/

It's true, stupid *******s trying to steal America. Thank God for WalMart selling freedom once again. :goodjob:

If some liberal tried to take away my freedom, I'd be all like "no way dude, I gotta gun from WalMart" and he/she would be all like "dude, I' ain't gonna try anything if you've gotta gun"

If some liberal tried to take away my freedom, I'd be all like "no way dude, I gotta gun from WalMart" and he/she would be all like "dude, I' ain't gonna try anything if you've gotta gun"

:lol::lol::lol:

Wal-Mart currently sells rifles, shotguns and ammunition in about 1,300 stores in the United States.

Those firearms will now be available at about half of Wal-Mart's 4,000 stores.

The retailer doesn't sell handguns in any of its stores, other than in Alaska.

Big whoop? Like Luckymoose points out, as well as the article itself, Walmarts all over still sell guns and never really stopped. What's the big deal here?

I never knew they ever sold guns. But then again I don't go to walmart out of principle. That's for white trash and minorities only. Moderator Action: Inappropriate comment.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Strange that they deem Alaska the only safe place to sell handguns. What use is a handgun in Alaska? They have very little crime to speak of, so therefore home defense isn't needed. And you can't use it to kill all the wild things that come around in that state, as they are too big.

And there's no reason to sell guns where I live as we have no real hunting where I live. Killing a jackrabbit is all you can do really. The only reason to buy a gun where I live is if you want to kill someone (or for home defense)

Are the guns made in China ?

As a liberal, I really don't feel like Walmart has stuck anything to me.

I do however wonder if any self-respecting gun enthusiast is going to buy his hardware at Walmart.

I never knew they ever sold guns. But then again I don't go to walmart out of principle. That's for white trash and minorities only.

Strange that they deem Alaska the only safe place to sell handguns. What use is a handgun in Alaska? They have very little crime to speak of, so therefore home defense isn't needed. And you can't use it to kill all the wild things that come around in that state, as they are too big.

And there's no reason to sell guns where I live as we have no real hunting where I live. Killing a jackrabbit is all you can do really. The only reason to buy a gun where I live is if you want to kill someone (or for home defense)

Actually, Wikipedia shows Alaska has a high incidence of violent crime per capita compared to most other states. And yes, I think the handgun sales in Alaska might make sense given their environment and maybe even their state laws. I don't know, but I imagine the state laws are different up there, hence the difference.

As for hunting:

Reintroducing guns is part of the retailer's push, Wal-Mart spokesman Lorenzo Lopez said.

Lopez said Wal-Mart is focusing on stores in areas where hunting and fishing are popular activities.

There you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom