1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Wal-Mart to sell guns again

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Agent 1337, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedRalph

RedRalph Deity

anyone remembera bay area industrial metal bamd called machinehead? Well, they had a song called 'davidian', and one of the lyrics was 'let freedom reign with a shotgun blast'... Well, i live in commieliberal ireland, but if i lived in the us of christ-damn a, i'd spend all day every day firing a shotgun in the air and screaming 'freedom!!!'

dont tread on me, liberals. Dont tread on me from sea to shining sea.

2. Scratch

Scratch ça ne fait rien

It makes me happy to know that Wal-mart makes their business decisions with the thought of, "How do we stick it to the libs?"

Coming soon, buy any 2 DVDs, get Atlas Shrugged free.

3. Formaldehyde

Formaldehyde Both Fair And Balanced

I'd hate to have to live underneath all those lead pellets.

When I first moved into my current neighborhood, I would hear a lot of gunfire instead of fireworks on New Years and the Fourth of July. Now I don't hear it anymore. I guess the cops finally figured out who was doing it and reminded them of the local statutes against such behavior.

If you really want to celebrate your freedom like that in the US anymore, you have to live where nobody else does.

What better way than to provide so much junk to the masses.

Or as Cartman said when questioned about the wisdom of buying 3 copies of the same DVD for a supposed discount, "Dude, you can't shop for crap".

4. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

I loved it when Cartman's violin got broken, he just said he can go down to a wall mart and get a new one for $5.

5. GhostWriter16

GhostWriter16 Deity

Where do you live BTW? And why the heck is that banned? Are guns banned where you live?

6. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Sadly, firing a gun in most urban areas of the U.S. is illegal. So you couldn't actually do that.

No idea where he lives, but where I live discharging firearms is illegal. In case it isn't obvious, firearms are dangerous, and bullets could kill innocent bystanders. Even when you fire up in the air, the lead will eventually come down. I'm pretty sure that can kill you (I think mythbusters did an experiment on that, but I can't remember their results).

7. Scratch

Scratch ça ne fait rien

Because if you fire a bullet up into the air, it doesn't disappear into space. It has to land somewhere.

8. RedRalph

RedRalph Deity

its illegal to fire guns in urban areas? I thought you guys loved freedom. What if im walking through some urban area and a liberal comes up and is all like 'dude, im totally taking your freeom'? If i had a gun id be like'uh uh bub, not on my watch. Ive got a gun, which guarantees my freedom as an american. Now run along to your tofu bake sale', but if i couldnt fire the gun id be all like 'god damn it. Theres nothing to stop you from taking my freedom now. This is like being in a government-run hellhole like europe or france'

9. metatron

metatron unperson

Well, technically i started it.

Memo:
    Even the most simple one-liner doesn't work if people are badly informed.

That's not entirely correct. :mischief:

10. Formaldehyde

Formaldehyde Both Fair And Balanced

Just north of Clearwater. And yes, it is most definitely against the law in the vast majority of cases to indiscriminately fire a gun into the air in Florida in suburban areas.

http://law.onecle.com/florida/crimes/790.15.html

Even with this law it is still such a huge problem in Florida that a Republican state legislator tried to pass a tougher law, but it was easily defeated by the gun lovers.

Some of the more notable celebratory gunfire incidents:

11. El_Machinae

El_Machinae Colour vision since 2018 Retired Moderator

Moderator Action: Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.