Wal-Mart Worker trampled to death by Black Friday shopper mob

What exactly is so special about shopping today? Other than being the day after Thanksgiving obviously.

Are there discounts? Are people afraid that the shops will decide to close for a few weeks?

We can't lay blame on the crowd just yet, we have no idea what kind of deals that Wal*Mart had today.

No. It never happens in other countries. The USA is the only nation on earth where human stampedes occur. It has scientists absolutely baffled. Oh wait a second:

http://jonathanturley.org/2008/09/30/over-200-killed-or-injured-in-another-stampede-at-a-hindu-temple-in-india/

# September 12, 2006: Fifty-one killed and more than 200 injured at a stampede in Ibb Governorate, Yemen.[4][5]
# June 2, 2007: 12 people were killed during a stampede at the end of a football game between Zambia and Republic of Congo in Chililabombwe, Zambia.[6]
# October 3, 2007: At least 14 women were crushed to death at a train station in northern India.[7]
# November 11, 2007: 3 people were killed and more than 30 injured at the Supermarket Carrefour in Chongqing, China when the shop was offering 20% discounts on cooking oil.[8]
# March 27, 2008: 8 people were killed and 10 injured at an Indian temple crush during a pilgrimage.[9]
# June 20, 2008: At least 12 people were killed and 13 injured at a Mexico City nightclub stampede during a police raid. [10]
# July 13, 2008: 23 people died in the al-Mureikh stadium stampede disaster, during a graduation ceremony at Omdurman, Sudan.
# August 3, 2008: At least 162 people were killed and 47 injured in a stampede at the Naina Devi temple in Himachal Pradesh in mountainous northern India after a rain shelter collapsed, which worshipers mistakenly took to be a landslide.
# September 14, 2008: At least 11 people were killed when a riot was dispersed by tear gas during a football match in Butembo, Democratic Republic of the Congo.

As so we find the unlikely link between religion, panic and... shopping!

So it seems consumerism is a religion in the US.
Give us this day our daily discount outlet merchandise!
Raise up a multiplex,
and we will make a sacrifice!

Now we're gonna get the big business.
Now we're gonna get the real thing.
Everybody's all excited about it!

Who remembers when it all began?
Out here in No Man's Land!
Before they passed the master plan,
out here in No Man's Land.

Low supply and high demand.
Here in No Man's Land!

Its not called black friday for nothing.

wow... those people are pathetic

Really this is nothing. Probably the ultimate death toll of mindless consumerism will be in the billions.

I have never done any shopping on Black Friday; can't deal with the crowd and I typically make enough money to not care if something is on sale. How much do people actually save by shopping today?

Yes Republicans, the consumerism is beneficial for us and these people were just collateral damage in consumerism being good for us

Am i the only one who thought this was called black friday because, in the pics, 90% of the people wating to go into the store were black african-american ? :blush:

i'm so glad people don't rush music shops, because it allowed me to buy my new epiphone sheraton!

Top Bottom