1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Wall repair/upgrade conditions

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Mango201, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Mango201

Mango201 Chieftain

I'm attacking a city with ancient walls in a MP game and I've brought a battering ram along to do the job. Ideally, once the walls are down I'd like to take my sweet time pillaging all the city's improvements but I'm worried that he'll build medieval walls during this time, which will obsolete the battering ram and leave me unable to take the city.

Am I right in thinking that you can't build medieval walls while your ancient walls are damaged?

2. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

Correct.

3. Mango201

Mango201 Chieftain

Thanks!

4. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

And, fyi they won't be able to run the Repair Outer Defenses project as long as you keep attacking as there's a three turn restriction.

Uberfrog and Pfeffersack like this.
  5. konokoni

konokoni Chieftain

Related question: if a city's walls are damaged but the Civ who owns it completes the Steel research and gains Urban Defenses, are the city's defenses fully repaired? Had a situation in a recent game where a city under active attack had its defenses fully repaired in one turn. I assumed that was the reason as the time frame was correct for the city owner to complete the Steel research.

6. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo King

That's correct. Urban defenses will apply to all cities when Steel tech is researched. However, if the Urban Defense is damaged, it is also prevented from being repaired for at least 3 turns.

konokoni likes this.
  7. Buktu

Buktu Prince

This is the way it works with the engineer that builds ancient and medival walls as well if you use him to build medival walls in a city with damaged ancient walls.

konokoni likes this.
  8. konokoni

konokoni Chieftain

Thanks for clarifying. Also, interesting edge case re: GE force building a wall.