Want an easy way to play Civ V online? Say hello to Giant Multiplayer Robot! (GMR)

I cant enter my password anymore.... I dont know if it is related to civ update.... I absolutly sure about it and I did try to enter it several time...

Same problem anyone ?

I cant enter my password anymore.... I dont know if it is related to civ update.... I absolutly sure about it and I did try to enter it several time...

Same problem anyone ?

I played just before you i think and i got no problem at all.

Alright, try it now Kiffe. It turns out Civ changed the location it stored passwords in the new save files. I had to update GMR accordingly :)

Alright, try it now Kiffe. It turns out Civ changed the location it stored passwords in the new save files. I had to update GMR accordingly :)

I wonder why it went fine for me and not him.

I wonder why it went fine for me and not him.

I think it's because when you loaded your turn the save file was still in the old, pre-patch format. After you played and saved the game it saved to the new format, and GMR didn't handle that correctly.

Hi Mel,

Our DLC game, http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=11571344, has had its world turned upside down. Civs switched around, a new civ introduced (me as Mongols! I don't think anyone wants that!), and so on.

I'm guessing reverting the turn will not help. Are you able to fix things for us manually? That would be most appreciated. If not, no biggie, it's only about turn 8, and G&K is so close.

Hi Mel,

Our DLC game, http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=11571344, has had its world turned upside down. Civs switched around, a new civ introduced (me as Mongols! I don't think anyone wants that!), and so on.

I'm guessing reverting the turn will not help. Are you able to fix things for us manually? That would be most appreciated. If not, no biggie, it's only about turn 8, and G&K is so close.

Sure thing! The patch that was released yesterday did indeed switch around civs for DLC games. Good news is I should be able to doctor it back to health! I'll post in your game thread when I've got it fixed :)

In preparation for the release of Gods & Kings next week we've made some changes to GMR! Here's a list of what's been updated, let us know what you think! :)

• Games are now either Civilization V or Civilization V: Gods & Kings. An icon to the left of the game's name indicates which.
  • DLC civs can be enabled/disabled for a game. If DLC is enabled the text "(DLC)" will appear in white to the right of the game's name. The game's host can toggle whether it's enabled before the game starts.
  • If a game does not have DLC enabled you will not be able to select DLC civs when joining that game or changing your civ for it.
  • When joining a game or changing your civilization the list of available civs will be filtered to only include those civs for the version of game it is (Vanilla or G&K). G&K civs aren't in our database yet, but will be shortly after it's released.
  • The 'Join Game' and 'Change Civilization' screens have been updated to show the current game roster.
  • The "Start a new game" box has been updated to allow you to select Vanilla or G&K, and whether DLC is allowed.

Sounds good!

Mel. In our game "Game0" you asked what civ dva13 was. In case you didnt read in the game chat, he was mongol. Is it fixable you think?

Mel. In our game "Game0" you asked what civ dva13 was. In case you didnt read in the game chat, he was mongol. Is it fixable you think?

Hey Foffaren, sorry for the delay! I just got the game fixed so all the civs should be correct again. Let me know if you have any other troubles.

I've enjoyed playing at a relaxed pace using GMR and just wanted to say thanks to m4stermel and species_0 for the hard work putting this together for the community. I've also made my thank you in a more concrete (though still electronic!) form as well though I doubt I will ever do more than 10 games at once. I have a hard enough time tracking 3-4!

*edit* haha glad I don't have a wife to answer to for my bank statements - Paypal*Support Giant Multiplayer Robot* is not the easiest thing to explain!

Thanks for the awesome feedback and for your support Islandia! You've allowed us to do what we love and continue to share it with such an amazing community! It's been a pleasure playing with you :)

And yeah, that would be a pretty funny thing to explain to one's wife! :lol:

Thanks a ton Islandia! We have fun making GMR and supporting the community, and we really appreciate feedback and support.

Hi, there seems to have some issues with the game save after people installing GaK, please see the game 'Cookie' for details. I know Mel is on a trip and GaK is coming out, so we are not in a hurry. Thank you very much as always!

I've also run into the same error EEE_Boy is reporting (on Tab's behalf) for 'Cookie' in the game 'New CFC continents real fast no DLC' -- Runtime error from within the game.

I have GaK installed and otherwise working normally.

Top Bottom