Want an easy way to play Civ V online? Say hello to Giant Multiplayer Robot! (GMR)

Hey Mel,I'd like to know if clicking on the "enable dlc" when creating a game also includes the "Wonders of the Ancient world" dlc . I've been thinking about creating a game with this dlc included . BTW,I'd like to thank you and your partner for this great piece of work that is GMR .

Hey Mel,I'd like to know if clicking on the "enable dlc" when creating a game also includes the "Wonders of the Ancient world" dlc . I've been thinking about creating a game with this dlc included . BTW,I'd like to thank you and your partner for this great piece of work that is GMR .

You're very welcome, Brian and I love working on GMR and sharing it with the community!

The Enable/Disable DLC bit on the website is really only a way to signify that you're planning on allowing DLC for that game, what DLC specifically you'll need to tell people in the comments. If you don't "Enable" DLC on your game the only thing GMR will do is not allow players to select a DLC civ when joining the game. We don't actually restrict or filter your save file as pertaining to the DLC that it uses.

So you're free to use whatever DLC you'd like, WotAW included. Just be sure that everyone in your game has that DLC or they won't be able to load your save file :)

Or they might feel pressured to buy the missing DLC. Whoops! :shifty:

I wanted to report that I had a password hacked shortly after signing up for GMR this week. The password that was taken was the one that is used to secure the game file not my steam password. I used that password and my email for a few other sights. It was not that big of a deal for me but I just wanted to let everyone know so no one loses anything major.

I wanted to report that I had a password hacked shortly after signing up for GMR this week. The password that was taken was the one that is used to secure the game file not my steam password. I used that password and my email for a few other sights. It was not that big of a deal for me but I just wanted to let everyone know so no one loses anything major.

Hi Michael! I responded to your email, but I thought I'd post here to let everyone know - our database access is secured not only through a secure login, but also via an IP address whitelist, so your data is safe once it gets to us. The only way any of your information could be leaked would be if it were intercepted before getting to us via malware such as a keylogger or packet sniffer.

Hi Michael! I responded to your email, but I thought I'd post here to let everyone know - our database access is secured not only through a secure login, but also via an IP address whitelist, so your data is safe once it gets to us. The only way any of your information could be leaked would be if it were intercepted before getting to us via malware such as a keylogger or packet sniffer.

Thanks for the response Brian. There are many other ways the password could have been compromised. Unfortunately, it happened at the same time I started using your sight. I also posted a message on the game board but I seem to be the only one effected. Truth is it was an old password and I know for a fact that I was using it when PlayStation got hacked a few years back. Thanks again for making a great service.

Hey guys!

Maybe this is a noob question :blush:

Is it possible to play GMR with Mods? I want to play a game with Europe map, but with real civilization emplacement. I don't know if is a mod there to play this, however would be interessant to use mods in multiplayer...

Thank you!

Hey guys!

Maybe this is a noob question :blush:

Is it possible to play GMR with Mods? I want to play a game with Europe map, but with real civilization emplacement. I don't know if is a mod there to play this, however would be interessant to use mods in multiplayer...

Thank you!

Get zonik! Mod support is actually our next big feature. You can expect it within a week or so.

Hey, I have a question, I just said hello to the giant and i wanted to play my first game:
Code:
Started 9 hours 4 minutes ago

3 game turns played

9 turns submitted by players

23.8 turns submitted per day average
Is on the rights corner of the site, I couldnt play the first 3(?) game turns, so i think i will join in the fourth turn. So I loaded the file, but then it goes on and on and on... till I quit ( something about turn 350).

So what am I doing wrong?

Did you start or join a existing game?
There is a video on the GMR front page that shows exactly what you need to do to both start a new game and play turns in a existing game.

Hey wuTz, that sounds pretty strange! Can you tell me the name of the game you experienced this in, also maybe elaborate a little bit more on what exactly happened? Were you skipped for the first several turns?

okay here is an update:

Started 20 hours 45 minutes ago

6.7 game turns played

20 turns submitted by players

23.1 turns submitted per day average

gn: Comp Stomp (3human vs 3 AI) Vanilla

Am now trying to load the new file...(should I post it here?)

In the Hotseat Multiplayer loading list it says:
0 Turns ?!? is this normal

am loading the game, then I don't need to type my ingame pw, strange, I see the screen, and now the AI seems to play for me. the first message (found ruins) is in English, even though I am playing in German...now it's again more then 60 rounds played already...

I didn't start the game via the giant multiplayer robot desktop app but manually downloaded my save game and loaded it ingame...

maybe I have to use the desktop, but why then do I have the possibility to do it manually?

Hope u understand everything...

Yes, it sounds like something got messed up during multiple turn-skips. What's the name of the game this is happening in?

Hello wuTZ! I think we've found the cause of your problem. It looks like there was a bug with the turn timer. It's supposed to disable itself if too many people get skipped in a game to prevent this issue from happening, but there was a problem preventing it from doing so. It should be fixed now, but you'll need to start your GMR game over or wait until it's your turn and submit the original save file you gave it. Let us know if that works!

So now I played my first turn and submittet it, seems to work, your genius!

I have a question:

Is it possible to set the turn timer to be definitely lets say 4 hours....?! So if you have a six-player game, you have one turn per day from 6 to 10 PM for example...

4 Hours is REALLY short, people usually sleep for more then that, so unless you get a perfect rotation around the globe, you will get a lot of skipped turns.

Top Bottom