Want an easy way to play Civ V online? Say hello to Giant Multiplayer Robot! (GMR)

Seems our current game "Chillout" stuck - I've finished my turn and clearly see that next person should play but he cant take his turn, it tells him "The game is waiting for other players to finish their turn. (Sorc)"

If players are in the same time zone, should work fine.

Regarding Slvynn game, both New Weird Order and I were able to play our turn, but we seem to have a little problem: We are playing as one civs, but we have the color of another!

In my case, I am Maya, and I can build the Atlatlist, but I have Austria's color! (white on red background) From what I have gathered, the creator of the game might have put random civ to everyone even tough we all picked a civ on the website, would that be the cause?

Seems our current game "Chillout" stuck - I've finished my turn and clearly see that next person should play but he cant take his turn, it tells him "The game is waiting for other players to finish their turn. (Sorc)"

This can sometimes happen when a player gets skipped (we're still ironing out a few wrinkles), you should be able to have the host revert the last turn and go from there. Let me know if you need any more help with it!

Optional Settings
Cannot expire before ___ or after ___

Does this refer to the local timezones of each player or to the timezone of the host?!

I think it does not make sense if it only refers to my timezone (Europe), when I play with USA or Australia or both...

This can sometimes happen when a player gets skipped (we're still ironing out a few wrinkles), you should be able to have the host revert the last turn and go from there. Let me know if you need any more help with it!

This was the first turn of the game. He was the ONLY player to have taken his turn as creator of the game.

Regarding Slvynn game, both New Weird Order and I were able to play our turn, but we seem to have a little problem: We are playing as one civs, but we have the color of another!

In my case, I am Maya, and I can build the Atlatlist, but I have Austria's color! (white on red background) From what I have gathered, the creator of the game might have put random civ to everyone even tough we all picked a civ on the website, would that be the cause?

This is exactly correct! When the hosting player selects a different civilization for someone than what is selected on the GMR website, GMR will overwrite the civilization in the save file to match the website. We overwrite the civ and the leader for that player but we do not overwrite the color. This is why you'll have another civ's color. Not a big deal as it doesn't really affect gameplay. We actually think it's kind of fun :)

Optional Settings

Does this refer to the local timezones of each player or to the timezone of the host?!

I think it does not make sense if it only refers to my timezone (Europe), when I play with USA or Australia or both...

This refers to the timezone you set for the game in the Turn-Timer settings. This part of the Turn-Timer feature is really only useful for a group of players all in the same or similar time zones.

I posted this question in the chat room on the GMR page but it seems like this is the board that is checked more so here it is again.

Does anyone know what happens to games in progress when a new patch/DLC is released? Will games started on an older patch continue to work on the new one?

Yes, they will still be playable. The last major CiV patch (just before GaK released) did cause some DLC civs to get switched around in existing games, but we were able to correct it. For all intents and purposes you can expect existing games/saves to survive a patch or DLC being released for CiV :)

edit: And yeah, I'm not as good about checking the Steam group chat as I should be. Putting more hammers towards it!

got another question:

the desktop app shows me online and offline for other players, but how about me? When I hover over my nickname it says: offline ?!

So I fear everyone sees me offline, while I'm online?!?

got another question:

the desktop app shows me online and offline for other players, but how about me? When I hover over my nickname it says: offline ?!

So I fear everyone sees me offline, while I'm online?!?

The online/offline status we show is your Steam status. To have your Steam status work properly you need to setup your public Steam profile, which you can do here: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041610737/

Until you setup your public profile you will always appear as offline.

thanks. maybe you will initialize an faq on the website, once I'm done with asking questions :) this is one step for more user friendly interface

got another one:

For this
Optional Settings
Please write, what to put in here
2 examples:
- can not expire before "user a" took his turn or after "user b" took his turn or both
- 2pm and 1am

thanks. maybe you will initialize an faq on the website, once I'm done with asking questions :) this is one step for more user friendly interface

got another one:

For this
Optional Settings
Please write, what to put in here
2 examples:
- can not expire before "user a" took his turn or after "user b" took his turn or both
- 2pm and 1am

Thanks for the suggestion! Just got it added to the website.

It's not a bug, but maybe you can improve this:

When I disable "Close Civ V when a new save is detected" and save the file, the desktop app doesn't show the popup for "New save file detected, do you want to upload the new file?" But this would be very useful like it is, when the function is enabled

Another thing about "Close Civ V when a new save is detected": Another expression would be good, because in the app there are new saves detected, too but it only means if YOU save the current game after your turn...so I was a bit confused in the beginning:crazyeye:

I think today my first point already worked, wow! (maybe i just did something wrong before ;))

Another thing about it: The function seems useless (when CIV 5 is not allowed to quit) until you can't load the next save-file ingame or go back to any menu:)

have a nice day happy gmr-ing^^

Top Bottom