1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Want an easy way to play Civ V online? Say hello to Giant Multiplayer Robot!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Multiplayer' started by m4stermel, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Comadevil

Comadevil Chieftain

It would be nice, if there is an option that i can allow another person (temporarily or permanent) to make my moves in certain games instead of the AI, e.g. when i write a story because readers are quite disappointed if AI makes dumb moves. Distributing my password is not an option since u use steam login.
    ANd i know that some others would also like it. ;)

2. pedroantonio

pedroantonio Chieftain

The password you use for your savegames is not the same as your steam password, is the one you input in your profile in GMR.

A couple of ideas for GMR;
    - It would be nice being able to include an url when you create a game, that way players can be redirected to threads in forums where diplomacy is conducted.
    - Related to diplomacy, it would be nice to have a message system between the players of a game, so you can plan alliances without even going to a forum.

Also, not related to GMR, it would be so good if somebody make a mod that allow you to go to the main menu of the game after ending and saving your hotseat turn; that way you don't have to close and open the game if you have several turns pending and have to load another one; and a mod for an asyincronous in-game hotseat message system would be awesome too (you know, for making plans with another civs).

3. m4stermel

m4stermel Giant Multiplayer Robot

This would be a really neat feature and one that we have planned :)

4. m4stermel

We're actually in the process of building a complete forum/community into GMR. This would include LOTS of awesome things, a few being the ability to automatically have a dedicated forum thread created for a game and integrated into it's details page (replacing the current comments). Also, as with all forum systems, you'll have the ability to private message other users :)

5. Comadevil

Comadevil Chieftain

But he needs to get the save, that means he needs my steam pw or my authentication code (which i cannot even change afterwards)

6. Muscu

Muscu Chieftain

Hello !
    It seems the save I get for this game ( http://multiplayerrobot.com/Game/Details/968 ) is not the right one.
    I'm supposed to be Netherlands and it wants me to play as Rome on a different map with different settings.

7. m4stermel

Yes, it seems that the previous player had accidentally submitted the wrong save file. This can happen sometimes. I've went ahead and reverted the turn, allowing him to try it again. :)

8. LostKnight

LostKnight A wandering knight

I actually got the same problem in game:

http://multiplayerrobot.com/Game/Details/930

Tough the error seem to be different, as my civ changed(from France to Ottomans) and the game is waiting for another players turn, one 4-5 step before me(player is named *Out* on Steam)
    Can you please verify? Thank you!

9. m4stermel

It looks like NWO has already reverted the turn for that game and replayed it. See if it works for you now :)

10. LostKnight

LostKnight A wandering knight

Yup, all is working now. Back to my conqu...I mean, to my trades!

11. Bernout1

Bernout1 Warlord

Is there a way to stop GMR from shutting down Civ V after a turn is done?

Bernout

12. Foffaren

Foffaren King

I think there has been said that there is, but why would you want to stay in game? You cant do anything but closing it with alt-f4.

13. Bernout1

Bernout1 Warlord

I didn't realize that was the case. I want to be able to do a turn and then go back to the main menu or something and wait for the next turn so I don't need to keep restarting the application.

Bernout

14. m4stermel

That would be so great if it were possible! Unfortunately Civ Hotseat mode just wasn't built with a way back to the main menu during the login phase for the next players turn :sad:

15. Banman

Banman Prince

@bernout, i agree that would be awesome, if you get ahold of the civV devs we can ask them to actually think about how loading/saving these games might go without being unnecessarily time-consuming :)

16. Itrade

Itrade Chieftain

Someone has joined this game twice and every time I drag him into the trash bin it just loads forever and doesn't delete him. Am I doing something wrong?

17. m4stermel

Sorry about that, there was a bug removing that last player. I've removed it manually and will try to troubleshoot what happened. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help!

18. Itrade

Itrade Chieftain

Thanks! You could help by joining the game, there's still plenty of slots to fill. :lol:

If it helps with the troubleshooting, when I made my first test game in GMR, I couldn't remove any AI players that I had added either. I don't think that Turjo could leave either.

19. Slvynn

Slvynn Duke Vector fon Pixel

Greetings
    For my games named Mechfore, Last Stand, Terra Incognita, i get this problem when trying to enter it details and download the save
    Steam name Sorc

Spoiler :
    Server Error in '/' Application.

Tag mismatch error

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: GmrServer.Util.InvalidCommentException: Tag mismatch error

Source Error:

Line 28: }
    Line 29: <div id="cb-@Model.CommentID" class="comment-body">
    Line 30: @Html.Raw(GmrServer.Util.Utilities.ParseCommentCodes(Model.Value))
    Line 31: </div>
    Line 32: @if (GmrServer.Global.UserSteamID == Model.User.UserId)

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Views\Shared\DisplayTemplates\Comment.cshtml Line: 30

Stack Trace:

[InvalidCommentException: Tag mismatch error]
    GmrServer.Util.Utilities.ParseCommentCodes(String input) +1347
    ASP._Page_Views_Shared_DisplayTemplates_Comment_cshtml.Execute() in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Views\Shared\DisplayTemplates\Comment.cshtml:30
    System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() +280
    System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +104
    System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +173
    System.Web.Mvc.Html.TemplateHelpers.ExecuteTemplate(HtmlHelper html, ViewDataDictionary viewData, String templateName, DataBoundControlMode mode, GetViewNamesDelegate getViewNames, GetDefaultActionsDelegate getDefaultActions) +952
    System.Web.Mvc.Html.TemplateHelpers.TemplateHelper(HtmlHelper html, ModelMetadata metadata, String htmlFieldName, String templateName, DataBoundControlMode mode, Object additionalViewData, ExecuteTemplateDelegate executeTemplate) +1420
    System.Web.Mvc.Html.TemplateHelpers.TemplateHelper(HtmlHelper html, ModelMetadata metadata, String htmlFieldName, String templateName, DataBoundControlMode mode, Object additionalViewData) +107
    System.Web.Mvc.Html.TemplateHelpers.TemplateFor(HtmlHelper`1 html, Expression`1 expression, String templateName, String htmlFieldName, DataBoundControlMode mode, Object additionalViewData) +155
    System.Web.Mvc.Html.DisplayExtensions.DisplayFor(HtmlHelper`1 html, Expression`1 expression) +96
    ASP._Page_Views_Shared_BaseComments_cshtml.Execute() in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Views\Shared\BaseComments.cshtml:184
    System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +173
    System.Web.Mvc.Html.PartialExtensions.Partial(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String partialViewName, Object model, ViewDataDictionary viewData) +158
    ASP._Page_Views_Game_Details_cshtml.Execute() in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Views\Game\Details.cshtml:401
    System.Web.WebPages.StartPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +143
    System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +157
    System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) +384
    System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__19() +33
    System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +825460
    System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +265
    System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +825488
    System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +159
    System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +335
    System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() +62
    System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +20
    System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() +54
    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +469
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +375

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

I have also question - does your "support us" in some way support or could support moneybookers?

20. species.zero

species.zero Chieftain

Thanks for reporting this Slvynn! There was a bug with existing comments under our new comment tag system. The problem should be resolved now.

And unfortunately, we don't have any other "support us" methods than PayPal at the moment. :( I can consult with Mel and see what we can do though.