1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Want an easy way to play Civ V online? Say hello to Giant Multiplayer Robot!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Multiplayer' started by m4stermel, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Foffaren

Foffaren King

I think he wants to know what you use the money for.

2. Slvynn

Slvynn Duke Vector fon Pixel

nah... i have money on moneybookers, and i won't fuss with PayPal....

3. Foffaren

Foffaren King

Oh sorry. There is something called moneybookers. That explains alot. :)

4. species.zero

species.zero Chieftain

Alright everyone, big update today.

Mod support!

Giant Multiplayer Robot now supports mods and scenarios. This applies both to the scenarios/mods that come with Civ V and its DLC and mods you get on Steam Workshop. We've divided mod games into three categories when you create a game: a Basic Mod, which changes elements of the game but doesn't replace the normal civilizations, a Total Mod, which replaces any normal civilization, and a Scenario, which is a game which has already been set up, either via an in-game scenario or otherwise.

Here is a full description of how mods work in GMR and how to use them.

Enjoy!

5. Itrade

Itrade Chieftain

I just noticed a bug while I was playing the first turn for the Forever Game, although it probably exists for any turn. Basically after I was done I browsed through and uploaded the save file on the game's page on the site. While it was uploading, GMR said it detected that I had completed a save and if I wanted to upload it. I hit yes, and when it was done the game had skipped over the Celts and it was Japan's turn. Fortunately you guys included a revert turn button, and I did that, and it's fixed now, but still, you may want to put a warning in or something.

6. species.zero

species.zero Chieftain

Thanks for reporting this! We've actually had this happen a few times where a turn is submitted more than once. I've added some extra protection to keep this from happening.

7. Foffaren

Foffaren King

Steam login died a moment ago.

8. BlueCollar

BlueCollar Warlord

My GMR app is not showing my games or loading the save files. I can log into GMR site and download the games there though. I usually use the app and dont want to mess up the games with my poor computer skills.

9. Turjo

Turjo Warlord

I think I am having this same issue. I am new to GMR, but the app doesn't seem to be showing my games. It isn't my turn yet, so that is at 0 like it should be, but where it shows my "all games" is blank as well.

10. species.zero

species.zero Chieftain

For those having trouble with the app, try closing and re-opening it. You should get an update posted recently.

11. BlueCollar

BlueCollar Warlord

I have try closing it a few times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it once now. Still no luck.

12. Islandia

Islandia King

You can also manually download the file from the website.

13. Carazycool

Carazycool Warlord

i am also getting a blank GMR application. it says i am part of 0 games but it should be 3

14. m4stermel

m4stermel Giant Multiplayer Robot

We enhanced the way that the client communicates with our server recently. If you haven't closed and restarted the GMR desktop application yet be sure to try that as it should auto update to the latest version.

If that doesn't work try uninstalling it from Windows via the Add/Remove Programs control panel. Then install it again with this link: http://multiplayerrobot.com/ClientDeploy/setup.exe

15. Carazycool

Carazycool Warlord

I uninstalled and reinstalled but it still says 0 games.

16. Itrade

Itrade Chieftain

Another problem with The Forever Game: It appears our Iroquois player has been kicked and replaced by and AI, and then had his position moved so he's sandwiched between the Celts and Japan instead of his original position further down the line.

17. species.zero

species.zero Chieftain

Can we get the name of your Steam nickname (not username) to look into this?

It appears that player surrendered. The only condition in which a player is kicked is when they have been skipped a certain number of times by the turn timer. In this case, the Iroquois had not been skipped. Also, GMR is incapable of moving a player or doing anything to the actual game board, so we're not sure what's going on there.

EDIT: I've just found and fixed a problem that would have affected this game. There was a problem with in-game passwords containing an @ in them which I just fixed, and one of the players of that game had an @ in their in-game password.

18. Onan

Onan Dad

There is occasionally a game bug on turn 1 where some civs can have their start positions swapped around, I think usually after a resynch. They can sometimes even end up on top of each other. So, it might not have anything to do with GMR, but maybe you just struck the bug when starting the game.

Unfortunately, the only way to 'fix' this is to restart.

19. BlueCollar

BlueCollar Warlord

So it had something to do with The Forever Game. As soon as I surrendered that game, all my other games loaded up.

20. Islandia

Islandia King