1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Want an easy way to play Civ V online? Say hello to Giant Multiplayer Robot!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Multiplayer' started by m4stermel, Mar 5, 2012.

1. m4stermel

m4stermel Giant Multiplayer Robot

Done! Pretty soon here we'll have a way for the host of a game to invite someone to take over for an existing AI player. That will be awesome :)

2. m4stermel

Hey everyone, I found a bug just now on our server that would cause it to return an empty games list to the client in some situations. I've hence fixed it and that should clear up some of the issues several of you were experiencing.

If you run into anything else please let us know. Thanks!

3. Islandia

Islandia King

4. m4stermel

My pleasure, it is done :)

5. Onan

Onan Dad

That will be awesome, and it will cut down on extra requests for you guys. :goodjob:

6. AlcatrazUK

AlcatrazUK Chieftain

Can anyone let me know where I get my authentication code? I think I signed into the website correctly and have a steam account and legit copy of the game but don't know where to find the code...

7. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

If I remember correctly, it's the 'download' tab.

8. m4stermel

He's right, you can find it on our Download Tab, the same place you get the desktop app. You will need to be signed in to see your Auth token however.

9. AlcatrazUK

AlcatrazUK Chieftain

Thanks guys. I seem to remember hitting download, and then a box came up asking for the code...but I'll try again tonight...

10. Onan

Onan Dad

There was an error retrieving the save file for Sail the Seven Seas, pop directed me to check the debug logs.

I will revert the turn to the player before me in case it's as simple as that.

11. m4stermel

Alright, usually when you get the message that there was an error retrieving the save file in the desktop app it's actually due to a timeout (either the app is in the middle of downloading another file or our server is particularly busy). If I see that I usually just restart the app and give it a couple minutes then try again and it works.

Alternatively you could try disabling the "Automatically download save files" option in the desktop app. Anyway, let us know how it goes :)

12. Onan

Onan Dad

Okay, thanks for the info, will try that next time.

13. michaeltrnka

michaeltrnka intergalactic hitchhiker

14. m4stermel

Done. Good luck guys! :)

15. CivDecimation

CivDecimation Chieftain

Is the application downloadable via Mac?

I am just getting text and I dont know if I can convert it.

16. species.zero

species.zero Chieftain

Sorry CivDecimation - at this time we don't have a Mac client. On a Mac, you'll need to download and submit your turns via the GMR website. You'll find the download and submit options in the details page of any game it's your turn in.

17. CivDecimation

CivDecimation Chieftain

No problem man, free feature.

18. species.zero

species.zero Chieftain

Hey everyone! Thought I'd share a quick tip we shared to our Facebook/Twitter:
    Login at the official Steam Community website and check "Remember me on this computer." Now, when you login at Giant Multiplayer Robot, all you have to do is push a "Login" button to verify your login rather than typing your username and password every time!

There is one caveat, though. For whatever reason, Steam Community only displays the "remember me" checkbox in Internet Explorer or Chrome.

Anyway, hope that helps our frequent website users!

19. Foffaren

Foffaren King

IE or chrome? For the love of! Guess I'll keep loging in manually with my firefox. :)

I would like to add one thing I've learned though. It is only when you close your firefox browser (might be the same on others, I dont know) that you have to write username and pw. As long as you keep the browser open, doesnt matter what site or how many tabs you are using, you will get the login button and doesnt have to write info again.

20. species.zero

species.zero Chieftain

Yes, this is correct. The reason you get logged out is because steamcommunity.com has their cookie (login data) stored such that it deletes when you close your browser. I have no clue why they don't include the remember me checkbox for Firefox, but unfortunately, it's out of our control. I'll be investigating better ways to have the website remember you in the future.