1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Want an easy way to play Civ V online? Say hello to Giant Multiplayer Robot!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Multiplayer' started by m4stermel, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Atlas627

Atlas627 Deity

So I was trying to play my turn for "DLC" (don't remember the game ID right now) and it told me "Congratulations, you get to play the first turn! So check the settings, create a game in civ, and play your turn!" or something like that.

This is an ongoing game. Is something screwed up?

2. m4stermel

m4stermel Giant Multiplayer Robot

Hmm... that can happen sometimes when the game cache gets out of sync, or if there's a tangled skip/revert. Let me know the game # and I can fix it.

3. SilentConfusion

SilentConfusion Emperor

Not sure if this is on the GMR end or not, but this issue has come up twice.

When subbing into a game and taking control of an AI-controlled civ, it messes up on my turn. It says it's my turn like normal, but when loaded it says "Please Wait" on the "End Turn" bar. In addition if you hover over the "Please Wait" it says something like "The following player has not finished his turn: playername" The player name is always the player following me in turn order. A revert makes it work, but not sure if it's a bug that can be fixed on the GMR end. Just thought I'd document it.

4. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

it usually happens when player dropped. revert the turn will solve the issue.

5. Atlas627

Atlas627 Deity

454. We also need a sub for it, so no hurry to fix it. Thanks!

6. EEE_BOY

EEE_BOY Deity

AH, I could load the turn, but it's Onan's, after click next turn, it was my turn, I can still play but guess that caused problem. May run into the same problem in one of the other games, can't remember which now.

7. SilentConfusion

SilentConfusion Emperor

I can probably do one more if you still need a sub.

8. Atlas627

Atlas627 Deity

I'm not sure, I think EEE_boy is handling it.

9. m4stermel

It looks like you guys got this game straightened out. Good work and I apologize for the inconveniences.

10. m4stermel

Thanks for the feedback! That's probably caused by our player replacement on GMR. It's a complicated process and one that we'll continue to work on improving. :)

11. evarnild

evarnild Chieftain

I must be blind but I don't find how to set myself in vacation mode. Ann somebody enlighten me? Thanks in advance. Eric

12. Foffaren

Foffaren King

Click your portrait on the GMR site. Can't miss it.

13. m4stermel

We're in the process of developing some great new Community features for GMR and would like some early testing and feedback on them. If you'd be interested in helping us out send us an email at support@multiplayerrobot.com and let us know :)

14. xnira

xnira Chieftain

This might have been stated in the original post and I just missed it (or somewhere subsequently), but is this supported on Mac?

15. m4stermel

You can participate in GMR games on a Mac, but unfortunately we haven't ported our desktop client to Mac yet. So you'll have to download/upload your turns manually via the website. We have several Mac users who are participating in games this way. We would like to make a mac client for GMR but it's not something we're currently working on.

16. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

I have finally downloaded GMR. Been busy with college so haven't had as much time for live MP games. Just wanted to say hello to the GMR community here and say that I may be seeing you all a bit now!

17. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

I see there are now only 2 open slots for games for joining for free? I guess I missed the time when the OP said there were 10 slots :sad:

18. zubrin

zubrin Chieftain

The one-year birthday for GMR is just around the corner!

19. nitro31

nitro31 Chieftain

Hi!
    I just registered to give a BIG THANK YOU to m4stermel and all the GMR team.
    I've been playing with a friend 4 days and ~180 turns until now, everything works great.

20. Crustacian

Crustacian Crusty

It opens new doors, Thanks!!!