1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Want an easy way to play Civ V online? Say hello to Giant Multiplayer Robot!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Multiplayer' started by m4stermel, Mar 5, 2012.

1. RStark

RStark Prince

Thank you for the response.

2. CB Droege

CB Droege I

I'm getting this every time I submit a turn.

It doesn't seem to actually have trouble uploading, though. The next player has no trouble playing the turn. All it's doing wrong is failing to delete the save after uploading.

3. m4stermel

m4stermel Giant Multiplayer Robot

Thanks for reporting it CB! Do you think you could send me your debug logs and I'll try to find and fix the specific error that is occurring?

4. CB Droege

CB Droege I

5. metalhawk

metalhawk Chieftain

So, I want to say thanks again for this great service. I sure wish Firaxis would implement modded MP but this is a good way to try it out!

One seemingly inane question - how do we end the game @ GMR? Do the "losers" need to surrender?

TIA

6. Foffaren

Foffaren King

There is no way to "end" the game in GMR. You all just leave the game, or "surrender". Once the game is done in civ, GMR wont actually do anything.

7. metalhawk

metalhawk Chieftain

Ok, thanks, that's what it seemed like..so we just have to have all of the humans "surrender"/leave and then the game slot gets freed up..

8. KiffeLesBiffles

KiffeLesBiffles Do you like dogs?

Hi Mel,

I have a question for you, not on GMR but to the Civ V Saves expert you are.
    Do you know if there is a way to remove the Unused DLC from a game after start.
    I just launch the ISDG and I let some unused DLC. I want to keep the same file and remove them now. Thx

9. m4stermel

I imagine this might be possible as I've noticed the tags and IDs for included DLC near the beginning of the save file. However I've never mapped them out as to what DLC they indicate nor have I tried modifying or removing them manually. Given the nature of that area of the save file my guess is it would be quite difficult to do. Changes made to save files have to be done very precisely, and there's no way to tell what unexpected consequences might come from such a change.

I would strongly recommend restarting the game without the unwanted DLC if possible.

10. BlueCollar

BlueCollar Warlord

I am hosting my first civ game. One of my friends is having problems. On turn 1 his password wasnt getting recognized. On turn 2 it loads up his game then right before the password screen pops he gets booted and it tells him to submit turn. It is called The Brookings game. Not sure if it needs to be looked at or if its something easy I cant think of.

11. m4stermel

Hey BlueCollar, I can download and play the turn for Atrocitus just fine. Is he the one having the problem?

12. BlueCollar

BlueCollar Warlord

Yeah. No idea what is going on. Thank you for looking at it.

13. m4stermel

Hm... have your fellow players email us the moment they're unable to play a turn and we'll take a look at it :)

14. heigov

heigov Chieftain

Hi guys,

Me and my brother have played several games with GMR and love it.
    Although, we have a problem with our last game. After the second player tries to submit the first turn, we get the error that the save file is bloated.
    We have tried different fixes but non of them seem to work.
    Does anybody have any suggestions?

15. Foffaren

Foffaren King

Is the game the first one you play when you start the game? The bloating is because the game doesnt forget previous played saves during that session and so old data from other saves are put into the new game (sort of).
    A restart and play this game first should solve the problem, if it doesnt then a revert most likely will.

My way of solving this problem is playing 2-3 saves and then restarting the game. Usually this prevents most of the bloating.

16. m4stermel

It turns out your game wasn't actually being bloated, but was instead growing a legitimate amount during the first turn. I've modified our algorithm for detecting bloated save files to better handle this case.

17. zubrin

zubrin Chieftain

18. Atlas627

Atlas627 Deity

I'm having some trouble downloading a turn. It says it gets it, but the file simply never downloads. The game is http://multiplayerrobot.com/Game#428

edit: Other saves work fine.

19. m4stermel

Sorry for the late response Zubrin! Are you still having trouble with this game? It looks like the turns in it have been progressing since you posted here.

20. m4stermel

Hey Gamer, is this happening through the GMR Client? If so, does it help if you completely close and re-open the GMR Client and then try to play the turn for that game first? I've tested downloading that save file from the website and it seems to work fine.