Want colours and icons in your name and in the chat? Come here!

Sharples

Prince
*Note spoilers contain pictures, and this thread only represents cosmetic purposes ONLY! it will not give you much for advantages.

In Multiplayer there are some very fun ways you can play with the codings in Civ V. No, it's not hard to do either! You can even make your name have the color you want or even have icons in it! (This of course depends on a character limitation of your Steam name!

For example, are you tired of having a plain name in the lobby of Civ V? Would you like your name to be the color that you want it to be? Change your Steam Profile Name to something like this:

Example: [COLOR_RED] Sharples

The [COLOR_RED] Part WILL be removed, BUT your name will be red when you start up Civ V, in fact if you visit here:
http://modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/ColorType_(Civ5_Type) you can use any coding you want to have a color.

Spoiler :

For example 2: Say if I want a blue color in my name, I would simply change the color name to: [COLOR_BLUE] Sharples - My name would be blue, but it won't show the coding.

Spoiler :

You can do this with any color you like with the link I provided, you just need to factors however:

1. It MUST be in all caps (in the brackets part).
2. You must have any opening brackets and closed brackets with the color or icon you wish to use.

Okay now for an icon! Say if I wanted an icon of the sheep resource, I would simply change the COLOR part of it AND add RES in it (it depends on the icon you want really for this part! and put the resource of my name in it! So for example, my Steam name would be: [ICON_RES_SHEEP] Sharples.

Spoiler :

Of course, you can find all the icons coding here: http://modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Text_icons_and_markups_(Civ5) You can do this with any icon that you wish to, just know that some colours or icons might have too many characters to limit you from using your name, so if you have a long name, you're going to have a hard time using it!

This is NOT just limited to your username either, in fact you can use icons and colors in the lobby.... and in the chat when you're in-game too!

Spoiler :

If your username has a color code on it, for example yellow, then your units text will have that color too! Also, if you have a color in your name, you can type with that color too in the lobby and in-game without having to re-type the coding in.

Spoiler :

Now go out there and enjoy some colors and icons! :p

Top Bottom