Want to help edit wikia, how to get started?

Mercurius1

Chieftain
Hello,

I've been using Vox Populi for a few months and I notice the wikia is a bit empty. I want to help create new pages on the wikia so it is as thoroughly filled as the Civilopedia. I'm new to editing on wikia, although I'm figuring it out as I go.

It's pretty obvious to me that all the information for the mod is on the Civilopedia, so it should be a simple matter of copying the information and icons from the Civilopedia files onto the wiki. However, I can't figure out for the life of me where all the art files for the Civilopedia are in the civ files (in my steam directory). Does anyone know where the icon for, say, the stealth bomber is stored, and for other units? And where all the text info in the Civilopedia is stored?

What other areas on the Civilopedia need updating? I would personally prefer to work on filling out all the unit pages. That's something I'd like to see finished.

Best,
Nick

The text is here SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\Text\en_US
I have no idea where the .dds files are hiding. The ones that CBP adds can be found under MODS\(2) Community Balance Overhaul\Art
If you want the vanilla ones you could take the .png from http://www.dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/UNIT_ARCHER.aspx

Best of luck

Out-of-date or incomplete : Units, buildings and technologies

Up-to-date (or almost up-to-date) : Civilizations (Leaders, ...), Beliefs, Policies, Promotions.

Unknown state : the remaining.

If you find outdated informations, and you don't have time / motivation to patch it now, you can add a "Warning : outdated information (YYYY-MM-DD)" so that new peoples does not take those infos as truth.

Top Bottom