1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Want to join the team?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Warhammer Fantasy Battles' started by Ploeperpengel, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychic_Llamas

Psychic_Llamas Wizard in the Making

nice to have you on board Fliptop :),

perhaps when the beta is ready for testing you can help with bug hunting? thats quite a time consuming part of modding, weedling out all the bugs, and the more people there are to help the faster it goes. perhaps PM Ploeperpengel if you havent already :)

2. LefferDP

LefferDP Chieftain

Um... So, where do I wander to if I have C++ and Python experience and wish to contribute? Is there a thread of needed stuff or what?

3. SidArthur

SidArthur Chieftain

Ditto Leffer's post. I can contribute any programming work that's needed. I'm also able to do some writing, though the only books I have are the WH core book and the Vampire Counts Army book. Should be able to make do with info from the internet, though. ;)

4. Ploeperpengel

Ploeperpengel academic precarity

Wow two programmers at once!:)
    Well atm I can't really assign tasks until I got the basic btsversion working and uploaded which shouldn't take that long anymore though.
    Until then I'd be most happy if someone could convert this modcomp to bts, test it and optimize it for performance so we can integrate it later once FFH sources are again available:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/82969/animosity_v2.1.rar

FFH adds a lot of mechanics that can be design with xml changes only but animosity for the greenskins isn't yet a part of that.
    Some FFH mechanics will also require an expansion for WH such as alignments->factions or the armageddoncounter but that's for later. We also will have to rewrite/create alot of spells then so if you want to help later it would be good if you guys start to make yourself familiar with the FFH II 0.25 codebase asap;)

5. Psychic_Llamas

Awsome! Leffer and SidArthur welcome to WH!

after waiting months for an experienced programmer to help us, we get 2 offering their help at once :crazyeye:

Thanks guys, you rock :D

6. SidArthur

SidArthur Chieftain

All righty. :) I'll look at those files and try to get up to speed. I haven't done any conversions of this magnitude for Civ IV yet, so at the moment I'm just trying to absorb all the info in the modding forums. Also I'm tooling around with FFH 0.25 to try and get familiar with all the new stuff since 0.23.

Sorry about the lack of reply, but I just finished a couple of 60+ hour work weeks, so it's been more of a sleep-work-sleep-repeat schedule for me. :crazyeye:

7. Ploeperpengel

That's fine Sid. Take your time as we won't be able to add this modcomp for a while as it's an SDK mod(but definitly will go in once we get more independent from FFH code if it's working properly - probably by the time shadow is finished). Until then we stick to what can be done with python. I hope I can get up the first basic version this week so we can start playing with the pythonstuff;)

8. Psychic_Llamas

Great News Ploe :D

9. LefferDP

LefferDP Chieftain

Woah, another Austinite as well... Creepy.

10. Psychic_Llamas

wow, that is a coinsidence :crazyeye:

11. SidArthur

SidArthur Chieftain

Heh, if you work in the game industry, we might even know each other already.

12. Masada

Masada Koi-san!

./cheer two programmers... now you can instigate some of PH and my crazy ideas :lol:

2 programmers i might expire from joy... dont want to know how pleo is responding then.... vampire?

13. Psychic_Llamas

im sorry masada, you dont make much sence when youre this happy ;) :p

your right about our crazy ideas though :D

14. Ploeperpengel

Too many jokes here. Thread closed.

If you want to help. And you are really, really serious about it pm me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.