1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Civ2] Want to make destroying a city a priority for AI in MGE

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Technical Support' started by Blake00, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Blake00

Blake00 Prince Supporter

Hey guys,

Hopefully this will be the last annoying question haha! I'm having an frustrating problem while setting up my MGE Red Alert 2 scenario where despite putting a truck load of units next to a city I want attacked and destroyed the bloody AI proceeds to take off in all OTHER directions attacking other things instead of this vulnerable city ready for the taking lol. I've set them to be at war and hate each other and the AI does attack some of the city's units outside of the city but it just won't bloody attack the city itself grr. The city is defended by 1 weak little unit that's no match for all the surrounding attacking units so they've got nothing to be scared of lol.

Is there a way to tell the AI that it really really really wants/needs to attack a city or unit lol? I notice in the city cheats menu there's a couple of options about City Objective but I'm guessing that is relating to something else?

upload_2020-6-26_20-44-18.png

2. Metro Polis

Metro Polis Warlord

Isn't there a "move"-command in the events.txt file? I never used that one, but I guess it is there to set a destination point on the map. Does anyone know more about that command?

Blake00 likes this.
  3. JPetroski

JPetroski Deity

There is a move unit command. It is quirky. I would try and see if you could find Red Front development or release threads on Apolyton (using one of those way back machines). As I recall, Nemo had several observations about how it worked and how to get it to work better.

Blake00 likes this.