** Wanted ** A Credible Government

galdarian

Prince
As DaveMcW has said we need to establish, at least a minimal, government.

In line Team Quatronia's declaration

5. There will be a minimal government of 5 players only, the Lord (turnplayer), his Envoy (Diplomat foreign agreements), his Sage (technology, culture and religion), his Marshall (all troop builds, priorities, naming of units, promotions and overall military strategy) and finally his Judge (making all votes, polls and finally ruling out all disputes)

Considering that we currently have a few active members right now I'm putting out the call for volunteers for the roles of Judge and Envoy. It's urgent that we establish a Judge because we currently don't have an official voice and there are game threads that require urgent attention.

I would also like to judge the level of interest in being a turnplayer. This will require (at least) having a copy of Civ4:BTS patched up to 3.19

My fellow Q, your nation needs you!

Current Government

Lords:
Current Lord Cav_Scout

Diplomats: Bowsling (Mavericks), Earthling (CDZ Land), Provolution (Merlot) CharlemagneXLII (Sirius)
Marshals: Sherlock613
Judge: Super Sonic
Sage: Provolution

So, here are the people that have posted in our private forum:

galdarian
Sherlock613
Super Sonic
Earthling
TyBoy

Hopefully, we all want to be active in this game! Everyone state which role you would like to play.

Personally, I would like to be a turn player (but we REALLY need 2 turn players) and possibly the Marshall as well. I would be bad at diplomacy and probably not the fairest Judge either...

Remember, it's not what Q can do for you, but what you can do for Q. Sign up for what you want to do, and then we can figure it all out.

I couldn't manage being the Judge permanently/the whole game - it is the most legwork/boring sounding role but I do know it is necessary. Any of the others I would try to keep up with as long as possible - for being the Judge I could do it for a while, but would probably get burnt out eventually, having to make every poll in the team forum and all.

I have working access to BtS and Pitboss and don't think I would majorly mess up diplo, or give horrible suggestions about gameplay in general, so really I could fill in anything though. Definitely could at least back-up a turnplayer, I'll be trying to check here everyday anyway. I'm sure we'll get some more interest.

One down, one to go.

As I'm a low level player this is more about the learnings for me however I was intending to put my hand up as a turnplayer.

Anyone else willing to step forward?

ROLES TO FILL (Please state what you are interested in):
Lord (turnplayer)- need at least 2
Envoy (diplomat)
Sage (tech, culture and religion)- frankly I'm not so sure about this one...
Marshal (military)
Judge (help run the team, settle disputes)

Personally, I'd like to be a turn player and marshal.

People who have interest in these jobs, please post so that I can edit this for completeness.

Turnplayers- Provolution, Sherlock613, galdarian
Diplomat- Bowsling, Earthling
Sage (tech, culture)- ??
Marshal- Provolution, Sherlock613
Judge- Super Sonic

Well we need a diplomat but I don't know if I'm perfectly suited permanently - however I could be the Diplomat at the start. The Sage/Marshal are less important right now especially with a small team but we'll get someone to keep track of stuff in general eventually.

I can't be a turn player or be anything that requires that i check in every single day, but if someone wants to just assign me any other job that needs to be filled I'll gladly do my best to make it happen.

Well we need a diplomat but I don't know if I'm perfectly suited permanently - however I could be the Diplomat at the start. The Sage/Marshal are less important right now especially with a small team but we'll get someone to keep track of stuff in general eventually.
We need an army before we need a marshall ;-)

We could call your appointment to Diplomat a secondment?

I think I may fit in as "Lord" and "Marshal" here. Sorry for being away, but March was spent on business travels.

We could ,maybe use more than one diplomat, I think, definitely after we've contacted everyone. If you want to be the official diplomat though that's fine. I know that any treaties/major communications will be posted here before they are sent (email) to other teams, so I'd help draft/prepare those etc, or do whatever else the teams wants of me.

Or I could fill in another role that's still needed; I'd really hope to be flexible here.

I am happy to work with Sherlock as well, and share the workload with him, alternating Lord and Marshall roles.

I will be on some very hectic business travel from 14 April 2010 and out the month, so I would likely put in my batch the first half of this month, and then some in early May (will be gone business travel mid may 2010).

May is a month where I will have time to really contribute, starting after the first week. (I will be studying for the GMATs then... and I could use a daily 1 hour study break!)

However, I take my final exams at the end of April and beginning of May. Hopefully, we could work that out?

Also, I would like to say that, while I am opinionated and active, I know this team is really your team, Pro. You came up with the idea and started it, so I don't want you to feel like I am trying to take over from you or anyone else, or whatever! Also, I'm not trying to box anyone out! OK, that being said, I look forward to working with you all. Once we begin, we should probably find a way to talk in real time (forums are great, but kind of slow...). It seems from the other threads that Gmail-chat is a good way to go.

I'm at Sherlock613@gmail.com

All good Sherlock, this is everybodys team, no more mine than yours and vise versa, which is the very nature of a team. I want to instigate a Esprit de Corps, where are unified even if we disagree.

Its good to know you are doing GMATs and so on.

Technically, this means I can turnplay first part of April, then you and Galdarian can hold the reins, or you could play the most of May, for example, as I would be very busy with business in May, traveling to the US, Spain and so on.

Galdarian

I am very happy you are on board, and want to play turns as well as contributing in various ways. As is evident from this dialogue we have on other chores we do outside Civ4, which is plain obvious, I think we should work out a certain succession game list, based on the optimal times of each of us to play turns.

For example, I can play all Easter, as I am stuck home with my lady, as well as all days until the 14th of April, then I will be back again to play in June, as late April and all May is literally gone doing business.

After 14 of April, I can co-marshal with Sherlock in various respects as his XO, but I am willing to take a secondary role as a military advisor type, not main general.

That suits me rather well atm. My access is sporadic till mid April. Do we have a start date yet? Of note also in general I'm am unavailable 12PM thru 10PM GMT

Given the honest signals of the three interested turnplayers, I suggest the following structure for our team (and other volunteers).

1. April - 15 April Lord Provolution
15 April - 30 April Lord Galdarian
1. May - 15 May Lord Sherlock613
15 May - 30 May Lord Earthling (based on participation here, he may like to play half a month too)

April and May Government:

Marshal Sherlock613
Envoy Earthling (for teams Amazon, CDZ and Maverick)
Sage Provolution
Judge Supersonic

I also nominate we make Bowsling a special envoy to Team Merlot and Sirius)
I will change from Marshal to Sage, so we got all positions covered, for the good of the team.

Alright, I'll wait for some acknowledgement from the rest of the team before we lock it down.

My fellow Q,
You need to speak up now else I'll interpret your silence as compliance

Top Bottom