** Wanted ** A Credible Government

Definitely, I can't say things haven't gone well so far and glad to have great teammates. Not trying to be mean to those unknown other nations out there but I feel sorry if some teams really had poor city management and all from the start, but we are solid and topping the boards on things. Anyway I like playing to our strengths now with large cities and lots of commerce=research but that's for other threads and I'm sure we'll continue to make solid decisions, whatever paths we take. So sure, if you want to take over even starting next turn that's ok by me, if anyone else has June working as a good time we can wait for input.

Well, it looks like it will be India, but sure, that seems fine with me, I don't see any reason not to and we will be making contact very soon. Good luck, you've got us all supporting you of course. I think a couple of people had thought they would make particular diplomats to specific teams, but I don't think that was India (AMAZONs and Merlot perhaps?)

Bump - first it's obvious we made first contact with CDZ, the Vikings, and not India, the Mavericks. Also, I think right now I'm the selected ambassador to CDZ, but we are handling things so far through our team email account, quatronia10@gmail.com, to their email for diplomatic messages.

We will probably meet another team shortly - in fact we have a new turn for moving boats again I think - so perhaps we good get an update on who else wants to get into diplomacy with which other teams. Maybe AMAZON or Merlot were "claimed" but if it's yet another team we discover next anyone welcome to step up.

We met the Mavericks, verified, on their border now. I made sure the espionage stays on CDZ, so they dont suspect we just met another team, allowing us to make the maneuvering for a four-way deal if we can mobilize the support for a straight route to Alphabet.

Is there someone lined up for ambassador to the next civ we meet? If not, would I be able to do that? Also, are we going to have some sort of overall ambassador, someone as envoy in the public forums? I would be happy to take on that role as sort of propaganda minister to the public, once we've met everyone.

Galdarian, you are up for turnplaying for the rest of June and July, so please go ahead.

This first post of this thread can be updated, that would be great.
I'm thinking, since navies will have an important role in the game, having an admiral would be a good idea. Essentially, the admiral would have the same responsibilities as the marshal, but with ships.
Would it be alright if I could be admiral?
Also, we might need an active marshal in the near future, as Sherlock has not posted in a long time.

OP has been updated.
I haven't seen Sherlock or Super Sonic round these parts for a while. Either that or they're lurking in the corner when I'm not looking ;)

About screenshots: I would prefer if we could continue to post them in the turn tracker thread. A pic really is worth a thousand words and they should be readily accesible by anyone with access to our private forum.

I agree completely that we need to post pics; lots of them. By using picasa to post the turn pics it will be possible to take more screenshots and leave them at a higher quality. Everyone has access to the quatronia10 email address and the login details are posted in the Administration thread.

It also has the benefit of organising the photo's better, in one place and is a persistent storage as it offers us 1GB as opposed to the ~100MB of attachment space here on civfanantics.

Yeah i'm not saying its a bad idea, just stating my preference to see them right there in the post as easily clickable thumbnails.

Let's see what everyone else thinks.

Guys, I think somebody said they appreciated how I did screenshots in the past (hopefully no red x's for anyone) so perhaps that is an idea? Of course this may be something that doesn't work for all Internet servers/different nations. Anyway, I uploaded images to Imageshack - it's free and as far as I can tell provides good quality/enough memory. In the past on these forums I used Photobucket as well, but imho that took me too much time with logging in/documenting albums and customizing the tags to fit to CFC image guidelines. But there are certainly several such services compatible with CFC.

Again, perhaps Imageshack or other such sites aren't working for all locations/non-Americans and I don't want to be insensitive about that, but I could of course help with any queries - basically once it's uploaded, they provide a permanent hosting link that works well enough for me here at least.

So just a thought - if you noticed I don't actually upload and thumbnail much through actual CFC image hosting, that's all I'm doing, and I think they work out fine (usually I spoil images for size though)

The reasoning behind putting it on Picasa was to line up with the already existing google account. Keeping the information altogether in the one place. I have noted that you use imageshack Earthling, which I assume is your own account, meaning that only you will be able to browse the whole library of images.

I'm open to suggestion on this and saw Picasa as a solution to a longer term problem which doesn't involve adding any more complexity than we already have.

Edit: I have updated the Official Thread with hotlinked screen previews for your consideration

I'm certainly not against Picassa, that is fine again, just brainstorming what might work for the team.

Actually, I haven't been using an account on Imageshack - that's why I haven't been using Photobucket lately. In other words - you don't even have to have an account on Imageshack - you can upload files right away, and it will provide the hotlink. I think you could probably also provide the link to each album as well, I'll check that, but I don't actually have any major collections/albums - every time it's just like a few screenshots/whatever I upload.

Hey guy, I was wondering if I could take my turn as turn player now? I should have at least a month of availability to play everyday. And if I cant play a turn I will be sure to let the team know ahead of time.

Top Bottom