[GS] War alert sound mod ?

Foufa131

Chieftain
Hello , i am looking for a mod that alert me with a sound (like in civ 4 ) whenever an AI declare war to another ai. Sometimes i forget to check the notification so i miss the start of the war.

I loved that sound in Civ4.

How many time I was making that last of the last one more turn late at night, everything was going fine, and then the dreaded War Horn, not once but twice or more at the same turn. Nights were short back in the day.

But there was a reason to fear it then, I wonder if the AI inability to wage wars for civ5 and civ6 wasn't made on purpose, to boost our day's productivity after a peaceful and long night.

I think a simple tweet is enough to warn you that the AI is going to suicide its army on your defense in the next 3 turns.

made on purpose, to boost our day's productivity after a peaceful and long night.
I love that positive & constructive phrasing you found! (Reminds me of thanking once a bank manager for his high opinion of my patience ...)

Wouldn't it be possible to just identify and replace a sound file?
(Last time I fiddled around with picts & sounds was for biplanes in civ2 ... Btw, somebody remember that cannon sound back then? Fire! <Boom!>)

Ahhh...the cIV war horn. :thumbsup:

Always scared me if I was being greedy and was unprepared for war. I was like...please please please please not me! :lol:

But there is such a sound, a small *slung* if i'm right. Less impressive than Civ4 one, granted.

This only works when you get attacked.

(Honestly the lackluster notifications set up in Civ 6 is abmysall)

There's no audio cue when AI go to war with each other.

This only works when you get attacked.

(Honestly the lackluster notifications set up in Civ 6 is abmysall)

There's no audio cue when AI go to war with each other.

Exactly ! i am fine with that "small slung" if we can also make it work when AI declare war on another AI. That is the one thing that make civ 4 feel more alive than civ 6 imo. Civ iv also had a sound notification each time that an AI captured a city. I am really looking for a mod that can bring that back.

I loved that sound in Civ4.

How many time I was making that last of the last one more turn late at night, everything was going fine, and then the dreaded War Horn, not once but twice or more at the same turn. Nights were short back in the day.

But there was a reason to fear it then, I wonder if the AI inability to wage wars for civ5 and civ6 wasn't made on purpose, to boost our day's productivity after a peaceful and long night.

I think a simple tweet is enough to warn you that the AI is going to suicide its army on your defense in the next 3 turns.

Multiple warn horn sound in late game announcing a world war was the best thing ever.

Top Bottom