War and Peace at the same time ?

Skybuck

Prince
I have noticed this before in this screen, now I capture it.

The russians are supposed to be at peace with the french.

But the french think otherwise and are still at war with the russians ?

Is this a bug ? Or does this show the french intention ? Maybe both lol.

See attached file.

Attachments

• WarAndPeaceAtSameTimeQuestionMark.png
    WarAndPeaceAtSameTimeQuestionMark.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 21
After exchanging some tech with the French the situation returned to peace and peace... hmmm... I also noticed a pink-ish screen in diplomacy with Napolean... but could be from alt-tabbing to browser, not sure.

I think what happens is the following:

If I attack a unit of the French while in peace and then cancel the attack the system/civ1 will get confused and think it's war hehe...

Wow maybe this just triggered a sneak attack from the French... not sure...

I would like a patch to disable the forced sneak attacks from the AI when past AD or something... I don't want them forced to attack the human player just because... they should play it smart...

Now I am not so sure anymore... I tried it again... this time it stays peace peace with greece... maybe reading this screen is simply a way to know if a sneak attack is coming or not ! =D

This situation is perfectly normal for Civ1. AI can cancel peace with you "unilaterally". After that, it can make a sneak attack.

There's a special diplomacy status "unilaterally cancel peace with the player with 25% chance every turn". This status is set every turn if you at peace with this civ and you strongest civ in the world after 1 AD with >= 4 cities and 0 nukes and AI civ has at least 2 cities. It also sometimes can be set after negotiations with AI, if you did not pay them what they want, for example.

If you at this WAR/PEACE status and AI offers you peace and you agree, the status will be changed to PEACE/PEACE, but if you refuse, then status STILL will be WAR/PEACE, so you cannot attack this civ without breaking peace, even though you refused to make peace!

Top Bottom