War Debt, and Financial Saddles

I thought of an idea that might make war and commerce a little more exciting in this mod.

Currently, when an AI is willing to negotiate during a war, only the amount of gold and GPT currently in the treasury can be offerred by either side.
That is, if the AI or you are teching at 100%, only the amount in your surplus can be offered.

What I propose is some way of increasing this limit. Perhaps some way of demanding a set amount of wealth or GPT from the AI, or vice-versa regardless of one's financial situation.

Now I understand that if done incorrectly this can be abused - such as demanding that an AI pay 20,000 Gold in war debt, or 50 GPT over the course of 10 or 15 turns even if the AI doesn't have that.

Maybe there is something in the XML of the game that can do this? Or if not, a way of doing it ourselves?

GPT... GUID Partition Table? I need a definition.
As I know, the sum of gold, which can be traded to declare peace is not limited. It's real to limit it using SDK. But Better BTS AI will not declare peace at all. To make peace in blitzcrieg war he will demand all the gold. If player refuses, he will continue war. In WARPLAN_TOTAL AI will tribute only cities.

Gold Per Turn.
So the problem isn't with the gold you can demand, but whether the AI will accept it?
Thanks for the reply. :)

We can limit only the sum of gold or gpt, which human player can demand. If AI loses in local war and has WARPLAN_TURTLE, he will give a human player any sum of gold, which he demands. However, It's not an often situation, when AI has a lot of gold or >0 gold per turn, especially during turtle defence.
So it isn't a problem with the gold human can demand, it is a problem with the gold AI can demand.

(...)Maybe there is something in the XML of the game that can do this? Or if not, a way of doing it ourselves?

It's probably not easily possible to allow the AI to go into actual debt to pay for peace, but a simple XML change can at least ensure that it is at least able to pay every peace of gold and/or GpT it has. You have to change the following line(s) in the Civ4LeaderheadInfos.xml for each leader you want to behave in that way:

<iMaxGoldTradePercent>100</iMaxGoldTradePercent>
<iMaxGoldPerTurnTradePercent>100</iMaxGoldPerTurnTradePercent>

The unmodified game only uses values between 5 and 20, which means that any AI is only willing to spend 5-20% of it treasury for any diplomatic deals (including buying peace). I tend to play with 100 as value in general, because I just don't like that the AI is able to demand my entire stash, while they are only willing to negotiate about a fraction of their own.

Is there a way I can edit all of those at once? There's quite a few leaders...

Not all of them at once, but you can reduce your work quite a bit with the "Replace all"-option; since Fraxis only uses certain values (5,10,15,20) here, it is enough to let that funtion replace each of both lines with those four values once with the value "100".

Top Bottom