1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

War... good for... absolutly nothing...ugh!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by yoshi74, Nov 8, 2005.

1. vodkamattvt

vodkamattvt Chieftain

They could make food excess tradeable among cities. On second thought that wouldn't work really the way settlers and workers are built. A more realistic approach though, since its not very intuitive to have a city in your nation-state creating tons of food and another city starving to death, but they trade money and goods.

2. Venger

Venger Give it a tumble, sport

The other problem is of course productivity, the same city that starves out also isn't producing anything...

Venger

3. kettyo

kettyo Seeker of Reality

Don't take smaller cities when there are larger, culturally strong cities nearby!

Either take the culture-strong cities and make the enemy fledging culturally or when you unable to do so raze the small cities instead of taking.

4. Venger

Venger Give it a tumble, sport

I'm not sure everyone finds genocidal warfare all that appealing. Heck, I have recaptured cities I founded, I sure am not inclined to raze them.

And frankly, nor should I be. You should be able to capture a city without it starving to death because of bloody culture. I've yet to hear a defense of that design, rather suggestions on how to try and work around it by removing all culture within 100 miles... not always possible or desireable. Many great cities of the world have passed back and forth between owners without starving them out or razing them to the ground.

If you take a city, you get the adjacent squares - if you control the city, you certainly can control the scrub brush around it.

Venger

5. kettyo

kettyo Seeker of Reality

You have a point that's sure but hey that's just a game, something like chess just a bit improved, not a historical/educational program
    So razing cities in this game does not have any moral consequences to you.
    Splashing a mosquito have more...

6. kettyo

kettyo Seeker of Reality

BTW when taking a city almost all bulidings are destroyed.
    This is also not very correct historically but these are the rules ;)