War Hammer 40,000 Mod

Goldflash

Grumpy Old Man
EXPECTED RELEASE DATE: 41st Millenium

Well, we have an odd situation here. Instead of a mod with out Units it need, we have Units without a mod! Thanks to Muffins and The Great Apple we have a nice group of WH4K units with no home.

SO I'mma make a WH4K MOD!

I'm not going to let the fact that I know next to nothing about WH4K stop me! I'm going to need the help of thoes of you that do.. This really will be a team effort. So... Who is With me?

It wil lbe a group effort, but it will be cool.

Information Type stuff:

Story: Somewhere and Somewhen small bands of the major races of the Galaxy were plucked from various times and places of the 41st millenium. They remereged on a planet on a distant part of the universe. Old allainces mean nothing yet ancient hatreds die hard. With no hope of reaching or even contacting home, the castaways are forced to forge New Empires.

I'm with you :D - I think perhaps an Orks vs Imperial scenario would be best as a starting point, as those are the two factions which units seem to be being created for... (perhaps one of the many armourgeddon wars)

I think we should have more factiosn than juust two.. .I've done soem research... We should throw in the Chaos Space MArines, the Eldar, the Dark Eldar and the Necrons too. The planet should be soemthing important. way out of the fringes of the galaxy with no supply chains so you'd have to re-research some technology and stuff.

Goldflash said:
We should throw in the Chaos Space MArines, the Eldar, the Dark Eldar and the Necrons too
:eek: we might have to have a few more creaters helping...

Maybe we should start with just imperials and orks?

Yes, start small and the rest will follow. Did all those Space Marines that I saw in another thread ever get made?

Well.. yeah. I was thinkign we sould only have one or two eras. Cuz.. its... easier... The Techs should be kinda expensive so progression is slow.I dunno...

Armageddon was a Imperial Hive world (think world covered in cities) which was invaded by huge quantities of orks. I think there were 3 attempted invasions by Ork hoards, all of which failed, not sure on the details though.

Basically it was a place in the 40K universe where there were loads of fights between orks and imperials.

Nah. That'd be better for a scenario or something. Besides, we'd have to make all new terrain.

If you want to have it so that there are no supplly chains, you could have the Space Marines side start out with only the Imperial guards units as they are the lowest tech units and can make maybe some kinda of city upgrade a make shift space port so you can have marine units land there ( i.e make them =P ) .

Start of with a scen first. Armageddon fits that perfictly.

As for the story for the Mod, how about this?

Sudden unrelated warpstorms throw elements of each race way of course, eventually to crashland on an unkown planet of the fringes of the galaxy. Not only do they have to have to repair thier ships (space race victory) but also fend off attacks by hostile races. To make matters worse, the Necrons have some pyramids there, and a Tyranid Hive Fleet is aproching the planet.....

Goldflash said:
SO I'mma make a WH4K MOD!
:banana: :banana: :banana:
Count me in too!
:worship: Thankyou Goldflash :worship:

my two cents :D - just have a planet that is on the edge of the Imperium whose ownership is contested by several races. Humans, Orks, Elder and whoever else :)

The only 'bump' in the road might be an understanding I have with Embryodead. He has some models of space marines but doesn't expect to begin on the units for months. I've been trying to work around him (ie - give him space and time to do them so that we don't produce the same units).

If he's not interested or too busy to help then I can start on the units instead :)

And lastly ...

:worship: Thankyou Goldflash! :worship:

Changing the terrain can be quite easy - simply changing the colour palletes for existing terrain.

I made some hive terrain for a necromunda scenario ages ago - 1-2 years, but my laptop was stolen and didn't want to do it all over.

I've started something similar for my Vietnam scenario - changing a terrain file - tundra - to visualise city/urban areas.

The thing I like about this is that I can have cities that appear larger than 1 square, as Saigon is larger than that - and when the AI :mad: razes a city, I can retain the city graphic, but add some fire and rising smoke... So Saigon doesn't magically disappear.

I still want to redo the Hive terrain, but this would take me a while, as Vietnam is higher priority - perhaps someone else could have a go.

I did Mainhive, Midhive, and hive slums - 3 terrains allowing very varied appearance when blended - also big battles over hive :) It wasn't perfect - far from - I'm thinking I would do it again, but utilise Hills and Mountains instead, as this allows RAISED terrain - using Tundra, etc, you can't have the buildings go over into magenta or the entire graphic screws up. This looks crappy for tall hives. Mountains don't have this problem though... Loosing hills to a hive graphic is no big deal - as, if we want ash dunes, then something looking like that could just be added to the plains tileset...

I'mma be gone fer the weekend. So you guys keep bickering about it and I'l lget to work on monday.

Aren't you meant to press the button :bump:

I've had a quick search for an old thread, but I can only find a reasonably new Civ 2 one... anybody else had any luck finding it?

Top Bottom