War Hammer 40,000 Mod

Imperial Gaurd. IG. Iggy.

And Archon, keep wortking! I can't actually view the model, since I have no 3D programs... but.. The more unit makers I enslave.. .er... enlist... the better!

Iggy are Imperial Guard, eh? :rolleyes:

As for making more of them ... I think not. I'm bored with them and I want to do some Ultramarines for a bit :) My thinking is that since my Ultra's will be wearing MK6 power armour they can upgrade to Smoking Mirror's Blood Angels in MK7 power armour.

If I were you I wouldn't rely on little muffins to make units desired for your WH40k mod. I've been making WH40k units for fun before you started this mod and for me nothing has changed ... I'm still going to make units for fun and for fun alone ;) If you use them then that's fine, if you don't then that's fine too. At the end of the day I'm only supporting your mod only in-so-far that I happen to be creating WH40k units at the same time.

You might want to get more unit makers involved.

Thanks for the encouragement!

@The Great Apple: A defiler is a six legged steel demon spider. thanks for the advice about faces i'll try and reduce them but am still new to unit producing (i normally just try and copy my GW models and hope their look something similar!).

@Goldflash: here's a picture to show u how evil these things are!

If u interested oh great leader, i have got a model of a ork spaceship which could possibly be converted into some sort of boat?
It's not animationed through.

Attachments

• Defiler.zip
    371.2 KB · Views: 112
Archon: I know what I defiler looks like... I'd like to see what YOUR model looks like.

Muff: The Ultramarines and the Blood Angels are Seperate Civs, but if you make a specifically Ultramarines Power Armor, I could use it as a UU....

Goldflash, just to re-assure you since I'm running out of attachment space, I'll start work on the Looted Leman Russ once I'm done with my current project.

Hey, and Archon, once I can actually upload my units to the site (my connection's too unstable to handle up or downloads of any file larger than 500 K right now), I could animate some of your models for you (I don't know anything about animating in OpenFX, I use either Bryce or Poser for all my animation stuff). As a matter of fact, if that model you uploaded is in .3DS format, I could open it in Bryce to have a look-see at it.

Thanks Hikaro. Take your Time. Since I want to have this mod out my the year 40,000 we have 37,996 years before it is crunch time. :p

Goldflash said:
Thanks Hikaro. Take your Time. Since I want to have this mod out my the year 40,000 we have 37,996 years before it is crunch time. :p

JAJAJAJAJAJAAJAJAJ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

We wait you for eternity, but please release this excellent mod a little before.

:rolleyes:

Actually. .I'm hoping to have this done by December 31, 2007..... Maybe.. I hope...

We do have to make all new EVERYTHINGs, you know.

Oh, by the way, Ork units have been added to the game. I concider them done. Next, I'm gunna grab the buildings. Get them out of the way

I've got all the animations ready for the imperial guardsman and storm trooper. Just need to render them now.

For the chaos faction I'm making a rebel guardsman. Would be a cheap and good attacker, to throw at the imerium in waves. The Chaos marines would have to be relied on to provide defence, though I may do a rebel armed with autogun.

Heres what he looks like, hes armed with a chainsword and bolt pistol, though I may swap that for a las pistol or auto pistol, as the bolt pistol is quite expensive for a single guardsman;

Attachments

• chaosattack.gif
    chaosattack.gif
    13.5 KB · Views: 597
Actually, I'l lprobably call him the 'Cultist' Ala Dawn of War. But looks good, SM.

Now that I think about it with a little modification that fella there could make a good Buccaneer for the Epic game.... They're requested like, all the time.

Have decided to drop the assault marine. I just can'tget him how I want. :(
However, I have replaced him with a chaos marine. :) May give him a plasma pistol... The plasma weapons are my favourite guns in warhammer 40K, Its great in "firewarrior" for the playstation, hit an ememy and they BURN! :devil2:

I've also adjusted the textures a but for the cultist, make him more like a fanatic than a rebel.

Attachments

• chaosrun.gif
    chaosrun.gif
    13 KB · Views: 494
Now that you've said that Kal-el, I can't stop sniggering at what is actually a very good unit...

Well, Ive exchanged the chain sword and bolt pistol for a powersword and plasma pistol. I've not done the attack or death animations, but the run is just about finished. I've made the knees bend a bit more for ya Kal, its difficult to get the animations just right without adding poses for every frame (which is quite time consuming). You also have to make sure every joint moves, even if only by a little bit in each frame, otherwise the animation can look too stilted and jerky.

Attachments

• chaostrot.gif
    chaostrot.gif
    11.9 KB · Views: 471
And here you can check out the Zipped run flick file.
I'm attempting to make sure all the units have a similar look before I go ahead and render any of them fully.

Attachments

• chasrun.ZIP
    94.4 KB · Views: 92
Top Bottom