1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

War Hammer 40,000 Mod

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Goldflash, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Hamah

Hamah Prince

I like your ideas SM, it would be more challenging.

2. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

Diplo text and the civliopedia wil lbe riddled with orky humor.

Also, wWhen the mod is mostly complete I plan to make 'flor text set's for everybody... thjat will be great!

3. citizen001

citizen001 Banned

what's an ace game?

it's a strategy game.

4. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

You need to learn British, you old sot. Ace means Very good, or Excellent.

5. muffins

muffins Lemon scented

Actually ... he needs to learn English ;) A much more useful language than 'American', which I'm told uses crotch-grabbing and spitting as the main means of communication :p

6. Archon Gaur

Archon Gaur Chieftain

#REPORT BEGINS#
    Sorry for taking so long to reply to you Hikaro, been subjection to the torture that is know as living at work! (all of my time off has involved sleeping to recover!).

Will you be able to animate Blender files, as far as i remember this can be saved as .3DS files.

At the moment i unable to work on the defiler as the computer that it's on has finally died after years of faithful service!

Goldflash - there is a older Wh40k pc game that was released a few years back called Chaos Gate it has a scenario editor that using the same tile based system as the civ editor, so i might be able to copy the graphics from this and edit them to .psx images for new terrian, it also allows the creation of buildings.
    I'll try and removed some of the images i did for you to have a look at of my old computer.
    There's a resource sheet which futuristic resources like drums of wire, ammo crates, etc. A buildings sheet with storage tower (could be used as granary), a mining complex (something to increase production) and a think i also had a defiled chapel.
    Could you make a list of what buildings you what making and whether or not you making a generic set of building for every race or whether you what different building for each race (i.e. wraithbone domes for the Eldar, ork huts, tyranid nests?)
    One last question are you including Titans in this mod, as i might start to build a Chaos Warhound Titan after the defiler, and i have a idea for what a Tau Titan can look that.

Lord Archon Gaur
    #REPORT ENDS#

7. The Great Apple

The Great Apple Big Cheese

Yeah I have chaos gate too. I never really played with the modding side of it, but the music can be easilly exported... I'm not sure if it's legal though. Unfortunetely it only has chaos and space marines, and most of the space marine units have been done by mr Muffins. The tanks might be quite useful though....

8. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

I didn't diss your country, don't diss mine.

9. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

That behind us....

I just need City/Leader list for two more Klans and to finish up another two I've already started, then the Orks will be komplete and 'playable'. Don't expect me to release a beta right away, though.

10. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

People! Make requests for 40K units in the Kinboat lottery!

11. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

More Ork Movies

Durty Harry:

I Kno wut yer thinkin'. Did 'e fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell ya da troof, in all dis 'citement, Ize kinda lost track meself. But bein' as dis is a Kustomized Slugga, de most powerful 'andgun in all de world, and would blow yer 'ead kleen off, youze got ta ask yerself wun kwestion: Doze I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?

12. Hamah

Hamah Prince

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

13. muffins

muffins Lemon scented

I asked for a panda with a machine gun :)

14. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

Muffins, Hamah Archon Gaur, citizen001, Hunter Noventa, Omnimower, Nder, Embryodead, Phant, Mallek, Schizo_Angel, Sammuel Mumm, Door, Communisto, Sdragon, Mage5581, 10Seven, Giaolong, Sobaiassis, rhialto, blushing bride, Hikaro, Kal-el, and ANYBODY ELSE wo has ANY intrest in this mod AT ALL... please make (or edit) a post in the Kinboat Lottery to request a 40K unit! The more people who second 40K units, the liklier that we will win. And we need units. Friggin Badly.

15. Hamah

Hamah Prince

Yes, but please tell me what units you need and I´ll request one.

16. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

There is a great big list which is linked in my sig. Pick soemthign from there... I would prefer non-Space Marien foot units, however... That list isn't complete but... If smething is pretty important in the table top it probably will be in the mod as well.

17. Hamah

Hamah Prince

Well, I´ll ask for an Imperial Guard, is that ok?

18. Sdragon

Sdragon Chieftain

Just voted for an Eldar Guardian.
    Also an Imperian Guards Man is being worked on, or is already done.

19. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

Smoking Mirror is doing the Gaurdsman

20. Smoking mirror

Smoking mirror Ships Captain

Yeah, I've got about three imperial guard as well as two chaos guardsmen under way, so don't worry about them. :)

Vote for whatevery you like (including pandas with machine guns), but if you want to pick a warhammer 40K unit try either the eldar or Tau, as these have zero representation so far.

Or perhaps a tyranid genestealer...

Heres an idea I'm working on. As I said earlier I think a "road to mass production" is a good way to aproach the tech tree. With that in mind I'm thinking of how to do the early tech tree.

For main military units I'm thinking of modern infantry by either Balou or the Kinboat one. Both armed with autoguns.
    For defence there is the german machine gunners and panzerfaust from PTW, with the standard civ III rifleman as uniformed voulenteer militia (armed with a simple rifle) the cheapest and weakest unit available.

I think An imperial colony ship would be crewed mostly by aristocrats, and clergy (imperial preists and inquisitors). For the labourers you would need a group of dispensible workers, the kind of slave labour used in early austrailian colonies. With this in mind I think Drafted convicts would be a nececary part of any military force, as the upper classes would be too busy directing the battle or carying out punishments on thier own men to keep them all in line.

An exception could be very rich aristocrats with advanced weaponary forming hunting bands, performing hit and run raids on the enemies of the imperium in the aim of capturing trophies. In The spin off game "necromunda" these were the spyras, nobles from the hive spyre who decend to hunt the underhive scum.

Here's my design for a convict battalion, I've actualy changed the gun to blue, as it doesn't fade in so much.

Attached Files: