War Hammer 40,000 Mod

I don´t think there should be problem using that for a mod in CIV3. You can ask the support guys of that game.

The dawn of war demo is prety huge, it'd take ages for people to download, so you'd have to upload it seperately from the mod.

So that asks the question, why not just post a link to the demo for people to go to if they want to watch it? (or they could just buy the game).

I'm sure we could put together a fair intro aniamtion...
Too busy for that right now though. Making units is not too time consuming, but it is a bit boring when you get to the rendering.

Here's how some of the units are going so far, a selection of flics showing mostly attack animations. Any sugestions? (I already know that the units are off center, will correct that when I do the final flicks)selected flics .

An intro Movie should be our Last Priority. We have bigger things to worry about

Yes, definitely.

Smoking mirror, I expect that the nice Daemon unit you're making will be far more appreciated if it's the red colour you used in the preview. Who knows which colour will be assigned to each Chaos power in this mod, but there are some very ugly-looking possibilities... (And I'm not just saying this because I want a great unit for ED's WH Mod, as if finished with civ colour skin the Daemon will look just fine for the dark red-coloured Chaos in the WH mod)

Mr. Do said:
Yes, definitely.

Smoking mirror, I expect that the nice Daemon unit you're making will be far more appreciated if it's the red colour you used in the preview. Who knows which colour will be assigned to each Chaos power in this mod, but there are some very ugly-looking possibilities... (And I'm not just saying this because I want a great unit for ED's WH Mod, as if finished with civ colour skin the Daemon will look just fine for the dark red-coloured Chaos in the WH mod)

It's actualy very easy to make a non-civcoloured unit from one with civ colours, but stupidly difficult to make a civ coloured one from a unit without. So after I finish the daemon with civ colours I'll post one with red skin only.

I just want to make it possible to have the different chaos powers without having to make twelve different unit, with only minor variations.

I don't mind making lots of units, but its only fun for me when I'm doing something different, and testing my skills. Thats basicaly why I do things for civ III.

I realy liked the idea (I think poisted by the great apple, that the imperial guard and rebels should be armed with out dated (by warhammer 40K terms) weapons, so thenext unit to be made is a female sniper, I may give her desert camo as that is probably where having a very long range weapon like a sniper rifle would be to the besta advantage (no buildings, trees mountains etc.. to get in your line of sight).

I want the humans to be very diverse, with a unit for each terrain type. This would allow for different worlds to be used in the epic version.

Attachments

• snipepreview.gif
    snipepreview.gif
    43.1 KB · Views: 523
Thats really great, SM, but I do infact have a list of stuff I need... could you by chance work on some of thoes first? Like Say, the Mortar Trooper, or the Melta Trooper? I'd Appreciate it.

That sniper is a beaut, though.

O.K I'm going to turn the Sniper into a Vindicare assasin, with dark coloured body armour, to be more like the core Warhammer 40K units. I don't realy want to spend too much time on the early tech units, I think I've got enough already.

Also I've got a final idea of a civ style Imperial guard trooper. I've moved away from the cadian shock trooper and towards a mordain iron guard trooper, with a touch of cold weather gear in the style of the valhalla ice warriors.

I'm going to make a las gun version and a couple of heavy weapon teams. maybe more later;

Attachments

• uniform.gif
    uniform.gif
    40.5 KB · Views: 497
Err.. I was rather hoping for the cadians. .but whatever.... However, give that unit right there some rbeasta and a pony tail and you've got the Iggy Queen unit....

I knwo this might have been asked before but could you import units from Dawn of War?

We'd have to work out how to convert them. At the moment somebody has managed a script for exptracing the models (though he isn't making it public). I have no idea how they would be extraced, as Dawn of War is a full 3D environment - I don't know how easy/hard it would be.

As for the mordain bloke - he's cool! He does a dodgy slide on the death, but that's probably 'cos you haven't finished him yet...

How are your units coming, TGA? I havn't seen anything from you in a while.

I've finally done some more work on this. I'm almsot done with the wonders.. I'll post them in the Bulding Library Later. Once thoes are out of the way, I'm pretty set.. just need to plug in stuff as it gets created.

Ummm. The falcon and fire prism are done - my friend promised to make me a progam to take out some of the duller bits, but he isn't being very quick with it... I just have to render the nightspinner for it to be complete, and I've done some more of the grot units.

Been going slow due to exams, general schoolwork, and Half-Life 2.

The Great Apple said:
Ummm. The falcon and fire prism are done - my friend promised to make me a progam to take out some of the duller bits, but he isn't being very quick with it... I just have to render the nightspinner for it to be complete, and I've done some more of the grot units.

Been going slow due to exams, general schoolwork, and Half-Life 2.

Could you add some previews?

Good luck with exams... and Half-Life 2. :goodjob:

I'll probably still make one cadian guardsman armed with a lasgun, but I wanted a whole new model that would be good for a backwater world of the imperium where technology is thin on the ground and many of the resources used are those that are naturaly available to a frontier world, like wood, leather and cotton.

Also I'll probably make a heavy weapons team of these guys armed with a gatling gun that could be used for the epic game.

EDIT;
TGA, cant wait to see your new units, the falcon should be especialy cool. :)

Yeah, I based all the starting units on what would happen if a warhammer 40k imperial guard planet was fairly isolated and had little of the main construction facilities of a forge world. These are planets entirely devoted to the creation of munitions, so you may have a whole world dedicated to manufacturing las guns for example. All the other imperial planets are supplied from space with these prefabricated supplies, and this is a very difficult thing to represent in civ III.

Any way, once the tech tree is fairly developed you will be able to build all the mighty weapons of the imperial guard. For instance there are the infantry support weapons, like the heavy bolter team.

You may be interested to know that the HB trolley is all textured from a single 300X300 pixel sheet. I placed all the main parts on a single plane, (with the important side facing up towards the texture) textured them and then constructed the model, mostly from duplicating parts (I only textured one wheel for example.

Attachments

• bolter.gif
    bolter.gif
    66.8 KB · Views: 416
For heavy weapons I'm probably just going to do the heavy bolter (anti-infantry) and lascannon (anti-tank).

Any comments? I'd love to see an Ork Zzap Gun in the same style.

Attachments

• boltertop.gif
    boltertop.gif
    29.5 KB · Views: 401
Top Bottom