War Hammer 40,000 Mod

aaglo said:
That's right - I don't know if flash gits wear power armour or not.

Flash gitz are rich and like to flaunt their wealth. Powerarmours is one way. Bionic inplants is another. having snotling slaves carrying their stuff/holding a parasol is another. The sky's the limit.

Any chance of a progress report on the Mod, Goldie? You know, what civilopedia entries, units, graphics etc that are currenty in the working version of the mod-in-progress?

Attachments

• Attack1.gif
    Attack1.gif
    62.2 KB · Views: 131
  • drop2.gif
    drop2.gif
    76.4 KB · Views: 164
Work on the mod has basically halted untill I fix some stuff on my computer.

aaglo said:
This seems like FUN!
Enough toofs spent? :D

smashing. Those legs and the jaw is spot on, perfect. I still say lose the helmet, just to make him look cleaner and esier to pick out the details in game. What's the cross on the shoulderpad about? Ork symbols are generally very badly drawn. It would be cool if the right arm gun would be a flame-thrower or something else really extravagant. and good work once again.

DEAR GOD that is A-Maz-Ing.

Whats that thng on his back? WHO KNOWS! It Probably doesn't DO Anything!

Goldflash said:
Whats that thng on his back? WHO KNOWS! It Probably doesn't DO Anything!

Very much likely just that... or something else... :lol:

I really like the power klaw... maybe uyou should make his gun bigger, however.

@goldflash:
Any suggestions on the style of the gun? I don't think I'll give him a flamethrower - the he would have two close-range weapons (claw and flamer). So, how to make that gun look more like "there is a dangerous end and a safe end".

@the great apple:
Space marine style backpack? Do they have something like that on their backs? I actually didn't know - it all came quite naturally (maybe from the subconscious images of power armour backpacks). I actually thought of giving him a cyclone-type rocket laucher pack :lol:

2 Questions to Goldflash (or to anybody who might know the answers):

#1 What clans UU will the Flash Gitz be?

#2 What is the symbol of that clan (pic would be nice too :) )?

aaglo said:
2 Questions to Goldflash (or to anybody who might know the answers):

#1 What clans UU will the Flash Gitz be?

#2 What is the symbol of that clan (pic would be nice too :) )?

I'm not sure if GW have done anything recently, but Ork clans are extremely fragmented and the Ork empire consists of a plethora of different clans, just barely managing to keep the peace among themselves. But the clans seem to reuse the same symbols over and over again with different coloring.

here's two of the symbols, the fist and the skull, (the fist is also a dwarf favorite)
http://uk.games-workshop.com/orks/speed-freek-tactics/images/duffsnik-sm.jpg

on the front fork of the bike you can see the grinning sun symbol.
http://uk.games-workshop.com/orks/gallery/images/warbike.gif

the fourth symbol is my favorite but I didn't find it. The silhouete moon with a face. the classic moon-man.

To sum it up. I don't think it really matters what clan symbols you use. But I'm sure Goldflash has an idea of what his Ork-ckans in his MOD should work like. But if you look at pictures of Ork battle groups there is always a complete jumble and mishmash of different clan symbols sometimes painted alongside eachother.

BTW if this unit ever would get made it would make me laugh a lot.
http://uk.games-workshop.com/orks/gallery/17/

The Flash Gitz is the Bad Moon Klan Unique Unit.

Here is a Bad moon banner. The symbol is a bit ornate for what youy'd see hastily scrawled on the side of Orkish armor.

Goldflash said:
The Flash Gitz is the Bad Moon Klan Unique Unit.

Here is a Bad moon banner. The symbol is a bit ornate for what youy'd see hastily scrawled on the side of Orkish armor.

And that's the moon I was looking for earlier. That's my favorite Ork symbol.

Top Bottom