1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

War Horn

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by ggalindo001, Nov 29, 2016.

1. ggalindo001

ggalindo001 Warlord

Thinking about all of the different "sounds" associated with certain events in the game -- we really need to bring back the Civ 4 War Horn. That sounds still sends shivers from time to time -- granted, in Civ 6, not exactly the same fear as you would have in Civ 4.....

nzcamel likes this.
  2. Hythian

Hythian Chieftain

"Oh no! The War Horn! Look out, in about 8 turns that means some angry Warrior units are going to reach my border and impale themselves upon my Infantry!"

That said, I have to agree that was a great audio clip. There are a handful like that which I wish were included, including the Civ4 "Baba Yetu" opening music. There are a few troop combat sounds which are less then impressive in Civ6, I'll have to pay attention and try to help compile a list of those. Just ones where their is less "oomph" then I'd like.

It'd actually be nice to have different clips play based upon whether a unit was killed or not. The tamer one for a non-fatal fight, but the more "BOOM" one for a unit kill. I never got into the Mod community for Civ5 (and no tools yet afaik for Civ 6) so I am not sure how easy that would be to script.

( Plus, making warriors do a Wilhelm scream when they die would just amuse me... )

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  3. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

It's just more cosmetic rubbish that gets as tired as the quotes and leader animations,
    and takes computer resources away from far more important things, like the AI.

4. CoolLizy

CoolLizy King

The computer resources needed to play a sound effect are minuscule. Changing a sound effect even less so because you literally added nothing extra for the computer to do; you're just replacing one array of data with another.