War Horn

ggalindo001

Warlord
Thinking about all of the different "sounds" associated with certain events in the game -- we really need to bring back the Civ 4 War Horn. That sounds still sends shivers from time to time -- granted, in Civ 6, not exactly the same fear as you would have in Civ 4.....

That sounds still sends shivers from time to time -- granted, in Civ 6, not exactly the same fear as you would have in Civ 4.....

"Oh no! The War Horn! Look out, in about 8 turns that means some angry Warrior units are going to reach my border and impale themselves upon my Infantry!"

That said, I have to agree that was a great audio clip. There are a handful like that which I wish were included, including the Civ4 "Baba Yetu" opening music. There are a few troop combat sounds which are less then impressive in Civ6, I'll have to pay attention and try to help compile a list of those. Just ones where their is less "oomph" then I'd like.

It'd actually be nice to have different clips play based upon whether a unit was killed or not. The tamer one for a non-fatal fight, but the more "BOOM" one for a unit kill. I never got into the Mod community for Civ5 (and no tools yet afaik for Civ 6) so I am not sure how easy that would be to script.

( Plus, making warriors do a Wilhelm scream when they die would just amuse me... )

It's just more cosmetic rubbish that gets as tired as the quotes and leader animations,
and takes computer resources away from far more important things, like the AI.

Top Bottom