War in America! 2005

Illini Rule said:
1.Why would motana, california, and Alaska leave the u.s. More likly they would california split in two

2.Also the north would brake from the south.

3.Texas is the biggest bush state so why would they leave.

not important, it's a game. ^_^

This scenario looks interesting enough, but there is not enough oil! For example, Northern Alberta has something like the second largest proven oil reserves on Earth, but those are nowhere to be found. The Maritimes should also have oil.

Illini Rule said:
1.Why would motana, california, and Alaska leave the u.s. More likly they would california split in two

He got a good point.
Maybe instead of looking where a Civ was, or could be in real life you should take a map of your last presidential election and choose thereby which side the city joined.
After that you can still create some neutral states or make two californian civs who are in locked alliances with the side they support

I got the map; I updated it to hopefully make it more fun and interesting. If it works out I could upload it.

Illini Rule said:
Why not? Every once in a while, we hold an election to see if we should leave the U.S., but most people want to stay as part of a superpower. If the U.S. fell apart, I wouldnt' be surprised if Texas left as soon as possible.

Corvex is right. Alberta has the largest oil sands reserve in the world!
I look forward to playing this.

2 things. First, just a little deal, Whitehorse has a hydro plant in real life. It doesn't in the game.
Second, I'm having the same problem as ferr from a while earlier. I can't play the game, and the same error message pops up. I have a good computer, so that isn't a problem.

Naglee1017 said:
when loading the scenario it gets to the o in scenario and just stops ne1 know why?
:confused:

I don't know why it happens, but I have the same problem.

I have download this scenarios but what do i need to do to make it playable cant find it in the game.

Illini Rule said:

Actually, California and Texas were origianally independant before joing the union, after breaking away from Mexico.
They still have remenants of that nationalism in Texas, though not so much in California.

I think California should be ruled by Zack de la Rocha, vocalist from Rage Against the Machine. That would be cool...

hey, there

this seems to be very interesting indeed but theres just one problem... the game crashes after i have chosen my civ. it dosn't say anything about mising files it just crashes and the micros0ft send error report? thing appears. any idea as to why?

note: i extracted the biq to the conquests/scenario folder and those other files to the same place.

i dont see why the south left. Arent thay republican? I think the NE states leaving is more realistic, along with like Cali and stuff. Hey, that's a good idea. Why not make the secessors the states who were democrats in the 2004 election? IT kinda fits in with the whole idea of the liberals bein mad and stuff. I know you made it this way for gameplay, but a lttiel correlation with history, as it is an alterative history, is always good, and it makes more sense and gives the players more of a want and reason to kick butt.

Wouldn't be holding my breath on that suggestion; the creator hasn't posted here in a year...

Texas should have oil if it doesn't. I wrote a book at war in America; similer story except it was as far out as the people who elected Bush break apart; it was the Communist causing a Revolution and the Secretary of Education (who is in my story not the real one but a new one and a Communist) takes over and good. I'm downloading and playing as Texas. Texas shouldn't be in the Southern culture group since Texas isn't quite like the 'old' South (I would know, I'm a Texan). I'll give more feedback after I look at the map. Make sure it shows the Guadalupe River. I'll add a Communist plot to make the Bush states spilt; the Union would be broken though because of Bush; he did win the election and carry most states. Also you merged Texas and Oklahoma; which are dramaticly differnt. It would be stupid to make Dallas the Capitol of Texas; San Antonio would be okay but Dallas? Get Real. San Antonio is huge; it should be big as if not bigger than Austin; Also Seguin should be added as it is a National Guard Armory and it SE of Austin and NW of San Antonio. Seguin also has Randolph Air Forces Base just 30 miles away; Texas would have inherited a large AF and Space Program. Also Texas WOULD NOT be in Anarchy for too long but since the others are Texas shall be in Anarchy as well. Texas should be:
Militaristic, Commercial, Industrious, Ag, Scientific. I'm a little exacting over Texas since I live there and know it so well; I hope I haven't over critiqued you; you did GREAT. Also the favorite Government of Texas would be Democrocy and NO INCOME TAX OR YANKESS. :) The AI won't build anything because thier Govoner is set to manage Production. I'm fixin' that on my download. Why can't Texas build a Destroyer or Submarine? If Mexico can so could Texas!

The game crashes after i have chosen my civ. it dosn't say anything about mising files it just crashes and the micros0ft send error report? Thing appears. Any idea as to why?

Also why isn't Texas irrigated and the Imperial Valley? Also Texas should have UU that would be Texas Ranger.

How about we say Kerry one so Texas left.

I'll update it once it gets working and take your suggestions and incorporate them; just I need to get it working.

I downloaded it and extracted the files into the correct places, but it won't let me actually play the game, it stops loading at the "o" in scenario and then just stops working.... I REALLY wanna play...please help...

I'm sorry i don't know if sour boy still exists and I just reinstalled Civ3 so i don't even have this on my computer. but what is the problem?

hi griff09
you just have to wait.
the map is huge so it takes some time for the scenario to load.
on the other handthe turns are fast so have a cup of coffee and you'll see.
good luck.

William GBTW:
I wrote a book at war in America; similer story except it was as far out as the people who elected Bush break apart; it was the Communist causing a Revolution and the Secretary of Education (who is in my story not the real one but a new one and a Communist) takes over and good.

I don't know if you've realized it but the cold war has been over for almost 2 decades. Stick to playing scenarios. :lol: Your future as a writer is bleak, I would be surprised if two copies are sold (excluding you and a significant other) :mischief:

Top Bottom